Sheriff's Showdown

Layout complete with bonuses if anyone cares

Attachments

• Project - Drawing 1860859815.png
    Project - Drawing 1860859815.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: Dan
On Friday, a new gun for car 7 was being trialled and to be honest after using the gun today - I am very impressed and prefer it heavily over the guns currently used now by Being-Creative.net

The new gun is a bit larger in size but more comfortable to hold and fire. The trigger is also fluorescent so it should be able to glow in the dark.

14/12/19

DSC_0101.JPG

DSC_0112.JPG

The lights that they have added in the roof space are horrible, they really make the station much lighter, which ruins the illusion of being in the mine. Past few times I have visited, the lights in the water wheel pit have been off, completely ruining any themed effect for the station. I really hope they remove these horrible bright and temporary looking lights from the station - they really do ruin the impact.

Was thinking now the pirate adventure been cleared maybe we see more cowboys added to the attraction as I feel a lot more could be done to the mine section.

The mine always feels empty so I agree :) More cowboys or something in there.

I just feel like the ride is really short - I know they can't fix that without rebuilding it but does anyone else feel like its way too short for what it is?

Reactions: Dan
Also can I say what did they do with the Golden Nuggets sign? Was it at the auction?
Nobody put anything about it being at the auction, I think it would fetch a fair bit if it did as it's a symbol of the ride, that and the old Plum Loco Louie and Boot Hill Bob animatronics. But as Themeparksandy1981 says, I remember seeing the front of that building during the renovation, it did create a lot of damage - I was surprised to see that the upper section was hollow in places!

I'd love to see it extended as Sophisticoasters mentions, I think it'd be too tight with Drunken Barrels and the Haunting next door, it basically touches the Drunken Barrels and is themed to the Haunting Queueline, but given the popularity of Sheriff's Showdown it shows that there is the market for a (maybe interactive) dark ride at the park, maybe they could invest in a newer, larger dark ride elsewhere in the park? Dark rides and dense theming are essentially what made Drayton with The Crypt, Golden Nuggets, Pirate Adventure, etc. so I'd love to see more added again.

I mean Duel is worse than Sheriff's Showdown now but Hex and Haunting still continue to battle it out and now the Dungeons has no pirates adventure to compete against so Alton edge it on dark rides though they seriously need to step up their flat ride collection!!!

It’s a shame because I still think dark rides a popular, they’re usually a little longer than say a roller coaster which is over and done with in seconds and tend to be a bit more relaxing/slower paced.

I personally prefer dark rides to thrill rides.
Would love to see more of them return to parks in the following years.
Drayton could definitely use some as part of their move to being more of a family park.

Sheriff and Haunting show that people like the style of ride

I mean Duel is worse than Sheriff's Showdown now but Hex and Haunting still continue to battle it out and now the Dungeons has no pirates adventure to compete against so Alton edge it on dark rides though they seriously need to step up their flat ride collection!!!

Alton have always edged it on dark rides. Altons dark rides have always being leagues above Draytons. Toyland Tours, Hex and the Original Haunted House were all theatrical masterpieces. Drayton have never done a dark ride with the same theatrical quality. Yes they were good. But never come close to Altons.

I've always thought a Thomas Dark ride in Thomasland would be such a good idea for the park (quite convinent they happen to have a huge empty showbuilding adjacent to thomas land ay?)

The Thomasland at Fuji-Q highland in Japan has a cute little Thomas dark ride (
) and Drayton have plenty of space to pull off a good one. Not to mention I think this would do great at pulling in crowds, anything Thomas does well for them and a new big ride all around Thomas would be a perfect fit in my opinon.

Back