Sheriff's Showdown

Indeed, well said Anth0ny
You'll notice his work goes beyond simple paintwork. Using adaptable materials like Jesmonite, he has in some instances redesigned the facial shapes and general proportions of props and figures that he has restored.
Those of you with keen eyes will remember that the lady in the barrel was originally the screaming lady in the hotel window back in Golden Nuggets. She was the highest scoring target out of all of them back when the older target system was used. The barrel itself used to have a female bandit inside who when shot would yell out "ouchy wahwah". She was removed in 2017 alongside all the Boothill Bob and Plum Loco Louis figures. Golden Nuggets, despite being the sponsor for the Wild West Shootout ride, didn't feature that heavily within the ride, but was a popular choice of branding nonetheless. The ride opened a year after the cereal had relaunched for the first time since the 1970s, so was capitalizing on the popular surge of the brand. In fact, a year after the ride opened, it featured on the back of one of the cereal boxes which I found on an old website.
View attachment 1356
A lot unfortunately seems out of place within Sheriffs Showdown as a whole. The mine area seems desolate and barren and is nothing on the vibrant detail that the barn scene had before it. New music really needs to happen too.
I used to like the music that they played in the station and i used to love the ride itself, do you have any type of music from the ride?

Noticed that some work had been done on the ride. Some added dry ice which smoke on hitting some targets and a dynamite flare inside a cupboard near the exit.

Long term visitors may be able to advise if these were longstanding repairs now completed or new additions but I've never seen either before.

Hopefully this'll bring this thread back to life again, but I recently had around 7 rides on Sheriffs Showdown. It really made me appreciate The ride even more, and I used to hate interactive Dark rides, but I think Sheriffs Showdown is now one of my favourite Dark rides in the country now!!

The ride is still in a good state, albeit not perfect. Some of the effects weren't working, and one was MISSING.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed, but the bucket in the wall near the beginning actually leaks water as an effect, which I think is pretty neat!

The water mill wheel is covered with junk and dust, needs a good clean down there personally.

Some of the bandits in the bbarrels till move, but their targets aren't on.

The toilet block doesn't work, no movement or sound effects either.

The coffin no longer moves to reveal the bandit, nor is there any sound effects.

The chickens on the wagon don't move anymore apart from one. The guy hiding in the wagon with the chicken on his head doesn't work either.

The guy in the rocking chair is now placed on the wagon, but the actual rocking chair itself is missing with the target, sound effect and air tube for it still present and operating.

Smoke no longer bursts out of the hut with the dynamite near the end.

The final broken effect is the guy behind the jail window does fully jump put anymore, so you can't hit the target on him.

Apart from all that, the ride is in a really good and reliable state. A really charming screen and projection-free attraction I wish we had more in this country.

Quick question, does anyone know who did the theming for the ride back when it opened with Apocalypse? I suppose it was done by Space Leisure?

We love Sheriff's and would love to see it get a bit of maintenance to bring the effects back to life.

Am I right in thinking the water wheel under the queue used to have lights and a skellington?

We love Sheriff's and would love to see it get a bit of maintenance to bring the effects back to life.

Am I right in thinking the water wheel under the queue used to have lights and a skellington?
Yeah, that's right. The light and skeleton is still present down there, but everything down there is covered in so much dust that you can barely tell what it is!

Yeah, that's right. The light and skeleton is still present down there, but everything down there is covered in so much dust that you can barely tell what it is!
Would like to see that back up and running - that dark abyss down there is a bit scary. I hate queueing ontop of it as im always worried i'm going to fall through or something (Even though we wont)

Would like to see that back up and running - that dark abyss down there is a bit scary. I hate queueing ontop of it as im always worried i'm going to fall through or something (Even though we wont)
It would be nice if they could. Though I think the facade needs some more details added to it, since it looks a bit 2D-ish now, but when it was Golden Nigget, it had quite a lot of detail on it and looked really nice.

It would be nice if they could. Though I think the facade needs some more details added to it, since it looks a bit 2D-ish now, but when it was Golden Nigget, it had quite a lot of detail on it and looked really nice.
I always loved that main sign with the golden nugget guys on it
Very much popped out and appealing whilst the current facade can be easily missed (almost like the haunting one )

Quick question, does anyone know who did the theming for the ride back when it opened with Apocalypse? I suppose it was done by Space Leisure?
Not sure who did the theming, but I can tell you that it probably went to Theme Park Worldwide after it closed haha.

We was at the park today and my little boy asked the poor host why they don’t show the wheel any more. Because it was dead when we went , he turned everything on to show my boy down below. I never new the wheel used to be supplied with water. I knew that the wheel used to move but this was a nice little experience for little one.

We was at the park today and my little boy asked the poor host why they don’t show the wheel any more. Because it was dead when we went , he turned everything on to show my boy down below. I never new the wheel used to be supplied with water. I knew that the wheel used to move but this was a nice little experience for little one.
Hard to photograph but the wheel was lit up on Friday :)

Needs a bit of a clean down there but the wheel and skellington

--
Currently the ride is operating without the screens and scores due to problems with the system however still great fun! You can say you got a bonus and no one can say you didn't ;)

Attachments

• 20230505_190950.jpg
    20230505_190950.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
  • 20230505_190959.jpg
    20230505_190959.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
Back