The Haunting

Feels like the corridor is always so crowded - I know they need this many people for the main chapel part but the stopping and corridor in general just feels so tight.
It does get somewhat claustrophobic! I like the idea of it being unguided I think this would help massively with throughout as they wouldn’t need as many staff if guests could guide themselves for part of the ride.

Ghostbusters is making a comeback in 2020, maybe dr x should come out of retirement too!

Feels like the corridor is always so crowded - I know they need this many people for the main chapel part but the stopping and corridor in general just feels so tight.
I like how the corridor feels crowded, it helps set the scene that it is an old house, and makes it that little bit scarier for me. People should not be stopped in the corridor, it was never meant to be done this way as there is not enough detail in the corridor to keep riders engaged, and people can spot the skeletons above if they are stopped, which ruins the effect.

It does get somewhat claustrophobic! I like the idea of it being unguided I think this would help massively with throughout as they wouldn’t need as many staff if guests could guide themselves for part of the ride.

Ghostbusters is making a comeback in 2020, maybe dr x should come out of retirement too!

He absolutely should come out of retirement, he was not too scary, and the video is of much higher quality. The unguided tour would work much better, all that is needed its three automatic doors - basement to library, and library to chapel corridor x2. It would increase rider numbers and makes you feel much more isolated.

I think they need to sort out the basics first starting with the queue line. It’s good that they list the ride runs on a 15 min circle but it doesn’t list how many guests enter at a time. Also on busy days when they let the 1st group into the trailer the host also counts the next 40 guests into a waiting area so others know if there at the 2nd gate queuing there got a min wait of 30th mins. Yes bring doctor X back into the pre show and use the original story line in the 3!pre show room and on the main ride.
BEA35644-BA06-4AB0-88D0-3B3D0ED5EE01.jpeg

Last edited:
That's something I'm surprised the park hasn't taken into consideration. The capacity of the ride is not really known and considering it is a walk-through attraction that leads onto a ride at the end - a sign saying "This ride can only accommodate 40 rides at a time".

I don't think other rides need this sort of sign as their rider through put should be consistent and obvious to anyone watching, but as this ride is completely hidden from everyone. A sign would be important and help staff from grief because some guests are too impatient and can only see small groups go through at a time. (I got grief when I did queue line monitoring during Summer 2019).

I bet the biggest grief staff got the most was on the Big Wheel when in its final years it only loaded 4 cabins. I think Also a single rider queue would work at Drayton Manor even if you used the exit so all dit’s could get filled .
Im glad Kam won the original theming on the haunting.

I bet the biggest grief staff got the most was on the Big Wheel when in its final years it only loaded 4 cabins. I think Also a single rider queue would work at Drayton Manor even if you used the exit so all dit’s could get filled .
We usually just shout for single riders if necessary on rides such as Apocalypse, Maelstrom and Shockwave.

I liked the big wheel but it became a joke with the crazy queuing system. I wonder if the loading is any better in its new home.

Operations on the big wheel were a joke, that sort of ride really doesn't work well for a theme park like Drayton Manor - although it was an additional ride, so I won't complain.

As for The Haunting, there are a few things that could speed it up, such as fitting monitors to the queue line so that the preshow can play out there at peak times, that removes the need for the trailer, and then keep guests walking through the corridor - that takes up so much extra time and shouldn't be done in the first place, it's not designed for that.

How about having 2 hosts and 1 operation the ride. The 1st guests enter the vehicle and watch the tv’s then another host let’s another 40 guests into the vehicle and on the screen explain more about the people who haunt the house now were the team who went into the building in 1996 show the original video with a new video explaining what our job we to do now. After the 1st host has got everyone into chapel the 2nd host leads his team into the basement while the 1st host again counts another 40 guests into the vehicle.

How about having 2 hosts and 1 operation the ride. The 1st guests enter the vehicle and watch the tv’s then another host let’s another 40 guests into the vehicle and on the screen explain more about the people who haunt the house now were the team who went into the building in 1996 show the original video with a new video explaining what our job we to do now. After the 1st host has got everyone into chapel the 2nd host leads his team into the basement while the 1st host again counts another 40 guests into the vehicle.
They definitely need something. I like the idea of video screens in the queue, it would distract from the waiting and could give some more background to the ride.

Victor Creations has also been on The Haunting! There are photographs on their Facebook page which showcase a full refurbishment of the Trailer, which looks incredible, much better than the faceless and unfitting black colour the interior was previously painted in. This new metallic look is far superior, I hope they get Victor Creations to paint the outside too, as black looks silly.

89167610_1582575485222950_618729372299296768_o.jpg
89088556_1582575585222940_8794497098260152320_o.jpg

The skeletons in the corridor also seem to have had some work done to them, they look far more realistic now! This is quite a unique photograph to get too.

89152714_1583347775145721_6111067820244598784_o.jpg

The handrails in the chapel have also been painted, which looks far better than the old scuffed ones. I hope they have replaced the troublesome sound system, this is what makes the actual ride and to have it intermittently working is simply unacceptable.

87663412_1578665528947279_1089320593800560640_o.jpg

There is more work over on Victor Creations Facebook Page, you should check it out: https://www.facebook.com/VictorCreationsUK/

That looks awesome. The people a victor are obviously incredibly talented.

hopefully they’ve also fixed the bars so they don’t try and amputate your legs anymore when they come down!

Victors Creations have done a phenomenal job around the park - especially with The Haunting.

I agree on the audio - it really ruined the partners first ride experience and left him feeling pretty underwhelmed.

Victors Creations have done a phenomenal job around the park - especially with The Haunting.

I agree on the audio - it really ruined the partners first ride experience and left him feeling pretty underwhelmed.
We can hope this has been rectified in the closed season as audio (including completely being absent on occasion) was a big issue last year.

I am really hoping the audio is fixed for The Haunting this season, for a Madhouse I feel that audio is one of the main elements to the ride experience, given that it should try and disorientate you and add to the scariness of the ride. Without audio the ride is very lacklustre and poor, especially given the queues it pulls in the summer!

For such a popular ride, that seems to be popular with families too, I think it is poor to have the audio malfunction like this, they really should be resolving this. It's such a common thing if it's happened to all of us they must be aware of it by now surely?

I am really hoping the audio is fixed for The Haunting this season, for a Madhouse I feel that audio is one of the main elements to the ride experience, given that it should try and disorientate you and add to the scariness of the ride. Without audio the ride is very lacklustre and poor, especially given the queues it pulls in the summer!

For such a popular ride, that seems to be popular with families too, I think it is poor to have the audio malfunction like this, they really should be resolving this. It's such a common thing if it's happened to all of us they must be aware of it by now surely?

Out of all the elements to the ride, I would assume the audio would be the easiest of things to resolve.

Back