The Haunting

Do u think they could just use the attraction as a ride only with maybe 20 guests only. Skip out the pre shows
Whilst I think the preshows and being in a group is part of the experience, they could take something like 4 groups / families (minimum 2 or 3 per group) in at once and have them socially distance, even in each corner of the library. The only challenge would be the cellar which doesn't play an integral role. It's whether it's cost effective to do that I suppose.

They could run the preshows on a loop or something and keep people 2m apart throughout the ride and then take groups into the ride itself, almost use the preshows as a queueline? Doubt that would happen though. I'm just excited to see the changes to the ride and hopefully a fix to the audio issues!

Reactions: Dan
Whilst I think the preshows and being in a group is part of the experience, they could take something like 4 groups / families (minimum 2 or 3 per group) in at once and have them socially distance, even in each corner of the library. The only challenge would be the cellar which doesn't play an integral role. It's whether it's cost effective to do that I suppose.

They could run the preshows on a loop or something and keep people 2m apart throughout the ride and then take groups into the ride itself, almost use the preshows as a queueline? Doubt that would happen though. I'm just excited to see the changes to the ride and hopefully a fix to the audio issues!
The problem you got as always ask you to stand in the middle of the room. Maybe turn the floor movement off.

Doubt this means anything, but The Haunting has been removed from Drayton Manor's list of rides on the website. I appreciate its closed at the moment, but the other rides that are say '(CLOSED DUE TO RESTRICTIONS)' next to their name. Probably just a website error but found this interesting... https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/rides-and-attractions/rides?filter=24,25,23
On another note the new ride pictures with the logos look great, albeit not great quality.

Last edited:
It’s back now, it was probably just a website error. Also note how it‘s now classed as a family attraction once again. It seems that every year Drayton Manor change their mind on whether it‘s a thrill or a family attraction.

70AB2AF5-6C1D-4570-AC74-40A75FA522BA.png

True! Buffalo was classed as a thrill ride up until recently. They’ve now swapped it round with the Bounty.

Back