The Haunting

2D0E016D-F354-4D02-866B-6A99813EA1BB.png

Can someone please film a POV of the updated “The haunting” Usually i can find POV’s of nearly every dark ride in the world. However there is hardly any quality content of this ride anywhere. It’s either old or filmed really terribly. is there anyone attending soon? Would be great as I’m unable to visit anytime soon! Thanks

Can someone please film a POV of the updated “The haunting” Usually i can find POV’s of nearly every dark ride in the world. However there is hardly any quality content of this ride anywhere. It’s either old or filmed really terribly. is there anyone attending soon? Would be great as I’m unable to visit anytime soon! Thanks
They usually tell guests to put there phones/cameras away if they got them out in the 3 pre-show rooms.

Unfortunately you're not allowed to film on the ride.

That’s a shame you can’t film, an old fashioned rule in today’s theme park world (Great for advertising also) however is anyone able to provide any details of the updates made or any pictures? Thanks

Yea any updates or pictures to report?
Finally managed to get on the haunting today for the first time since October 2019.

Firstly I think there needs to be a campaign to get the Dr Ghostman actor an Oscar or BAFTA as it is some career defining acting in the pre show!

Secondly, no changes to the ride I could see. Disappointingly the corridor skeletons were off, the floor effects in the library were off and the lights were left on during the painting scene.

I went on it on Sunday now.

Pro

1) The queue was near the inter gate and thought I go as I thought it would be a 45 min wait but as I was about to leave they started to load and some guests had leave in front. Then another roughly 7 mins later they were loading the next lot of guests so we ended up only queuing about 15 mins max which is good. What I notice is after they finished the 2nd pre show room they loading the next guests into the trailer.
2) The outside of the attraction has had a very good clean and repaint with all effects fixed.
3) Victor Creations and his team done a great job on painting the inside of the attraction the trailer, 2nd pre show room and the main ride.
4) The main ride looked good with all effects working

Cons

1) The doctor Ghostman story needs to go it don’t work any work. Think they should bring back the original storyline
2) The Skeleton room in 2019 I thought it was brilliant but on Sunday it’s to light in there. 1 Skeleton wasn’t even working and was already down when you worked in and the other Skeleton moved very slowly with a UV light just on it.
3) The next room wasn’t much better with the lights around the room kept on all the time and only 1 projector working. The floor wasn’t moving and it looks like it’s been shorted
4) The main room really needs the sound sorting out as it was 2 quiet you could hear the motors turning the outer wall.
5) The monitors at the exit were yet again off.

Went on the haunting for the first time yesterday, and Ghostman is awful. The corridor/ basement scene was poorly executed, the only time I couldn't see the skeletons was when they were moving (I.E. the only time I should have been able to see them). the library was amazing but for a couple of things, first, get rid of Ghostman, and make the doors open automatically, when the scene ends, and have some kind of projection to split the guests into two lines. Second, make a point of the bodies appearing above the ceiling. keep the light on them, and make some noise up there, get the guests to notice it, I was the only one who saw them, and that was by complete chance. In the chapel, there is a ridiculously long pause between the ride docking and Agatha appearing. It also seemed odd that we had clearly finished the ride then had to wait for an effect. reprogram the ride, have it dock with the ride upside-down, have a pause of about a second while a laughing sound is heard, then have Agatha rise still laughing, then strobes as she re-enters the tomb, as the the ride docks to unload. I like the idea of Dr. X guiding you through, and then when the madhouse ends, the doors open and he rushes you out before anything more can happen, then get rid of the voting, and have a scare, or a congratulations scene, or just something that builds the story, because a lot of guests came out saying "Oh, is that it" or "that was s**t" and it just needs a little bit more. Also, add a door from the corridor between the library and the madhouse to let the hosts back into the op booth (The trailer), then, let the next group into the library, and a new group into the trailer. the use of the bridge as a batching are would definitely help the queue and the corridor should return into a walkthrough portion, don't hold the guests, just let them in, keeping the library door shut, then as the library door opens, trigger the lights to go out in the library and the corridor/ basement, cue strobe lights and skeletons, then Dr. X tells you "get out! move quickly into the library, and get into the centre of the room, we'll get you out of here." then the library as said earlier, perhaps pint out the bodies by having the lady of the house mention "the last ones that came" and point out the bodies. if they did that, it would cut the cheese, have a bit more fear, without making it a horror show, also linking the lady of the house to Agatha and having her try to trap you there with supernatural powers making the room spin would be nice, perhaps the final scene could be a congratulations/ debriefing by Dr. X to round it off. But definitely a great ride nonetheless and exactly the sort of thing the park need. If anyone wants I could go into an op plan to improve capacity, but I feel like I've talked a lot already.

Back