Pirate Adventure

have they kept the boats for this ride and Excalibur or have they had them sent off for like scarp materials

They tried to sell them for £100 each at the auction last year. In 2019 both sets of boats were stored round the back of the pirate adventure building but they could have been moved inside as most of it now is open space with just the ride system and channels still in place.

Some minor work round the back
406557FC-FA5B-4C6D-B7B3-17CF62CACCDD.jpeg

Last edited:
Queuing up for the Thomas land rides and even riding the train I notice that the fans on the side of the building are still on. There maybe no work going on in the building unless they taking out the reminding pirate Adventure theming.

Maybe looking to much into this but seeing the pirate hay head by the Flying Dutchman, Stuff been moved from inside the entrance and seeing the lights on in the maintenance bay doorway and what looked like 1 of the boats wonders if they are testing out the system.
EAF32A42-DFE3-42A2-9ECB-127FD39340FE.jpeg
2FEF2226-6016-4444-BC68-C61CC7F70FBE.jpeg
CCD6EA6C-D06F-4699-981E-A2F375521346.jpeg

that hay bale could be a sign/teaser as to what is coming to the triangles in 2022 but hopefully vertigo is vertigone by then i could be wrong (i think i am) but there is still a really small chance even though there is pirate rides at the old pirate cove area

I can see the Bounty been added to the pirate cove area as now it’s really all on its own but it’s hard to keep a large building and not use it and with all the other buildings interacting with it from Thomas land around to the castle of dreams it’s hard to see this area not used again. If the looping we’re willing to bring the rapids back after 4 years SBNO in all weathers and is only 2 years younger than the pirate adventure ride system which has been left for 6 years drained inside.

I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t bring back Pirate if they wanted, if they were willing to spend a bit of money modernising it and adding the required safety features then it would be functional again. Obviously it would need completely re-theming too which would be another cost in itself, but there’s no reason why they couldn’t bring it back.

I don’t see any reason why they couldn’t bring back Pirate if they wanted, if they were willing to spend a bit of money modernising it and adding the required safety features then it would be functional again. Obviously it would need completely re-theming too which would be another cost in itself, but there’s no reason why they couldn’t bring it back.
If they do bring it back i would love it if they have come back with the more refreshed feel to it as its been closed but i read somewhere when it originally closed it was only meant to be fir a refurb does anyone know if thats true or no?

Read my review on trip adviser now they didn’t say yes or no about the pirate adventure building so they could be looking at bringing it back
1543BC95-E128-4480-A90E-EDAE1BDDF794.png

Now I know they removed scenes out of the ride but some have been just striped back to the frame work and I think the previous management tested everything and all the things that still worked they kept and the broken stuff was sold at the auction or privacy last year. Now why would they put the boats back into the building after they failed to sell last year but the excalibur boats are still there near the hotel extended car park.

9B36DDDB-5DD6-48EE-B842-C7AA1D23CEB3.jpeg
B9150435-F6CD-40C1-835E-2016B1CD9C24.jpeg
8252F4CE-A200-4095-BB31-E7C8C6EE09FC.jpeg
DFB3F152-774E-4E68-BE3A-C4AAB2C32FEF.jpeg
There is loads and loads of people asking ro bring it back and also look at the two responses the park has put out and they mention about them but the last one says there is no plans as to bring it back but that was 2019 when it was still owned by the bryans and things could have changed

It would be fantastic if they brought it back. Given how popular it is and you still hear people talking about it around the park. It was pretty unique for the UK and pirates is a timeless theme, it doesn't really go out of fashion like other IPs

I think they know they can’t buy better rides than Merlin can offer and if they get a new coaster I can see it been 2nd or from another 1 of there other parks but they know if they can get the ride system working then they could offer a ride not available anywhere else in the uk. I can’t see it not been themed to pirates as it would cost more to retheme the whole outside of the building and the surrounding building than to build new scenes inside.

I think they know they can’t buy better rides than Merlin can offer and if they get a new coaster I can see it been 2nd or from another 1 of there other parks but they know if they can get the ride system working then they could offer a ride not available anywhere else in the uk. I can’t see it not been themed to pirates as it would cost more to retheme the whole outside of the building and the surrounding building than to build new scenes inside.
I've always assumed the PA ride system would be pretty simple as most of it was the boats pushed round by the flowing water. From memory there were only a couple of tracked sections for the lift hills which I can't imagine would be difficult to replace or get parts for if they needed too.

Back