Pirate Adventure

This is so cool! Was there any other merchandise the shop used to sell for Pirate Adventure?

I feel that the park really need to look into adding more Merchandise fo their rides more.

I have a Pirate Adventure boat running wheel
Pirate wheel.jpg

Great photo! I know people were never fans of this exit route since it got changed and the shop got removed. But I was actually quite fond of it, obviously I think it'd be great with some archways being added, like you were entering a port, or perhaps some audio like the humming from the beginning or the music from the bar scene.

Speaking of ride music. The ride was designed by Space Leisure, does anybody know who the designer for the audio was used by Space Leisure?

I do like the Ivy! But... I think it's a little out of control these days and needs maintaining at the very least, however, I am worried that if this is removed there may be a fair amount of damage to the building facade given the amount of time it has been growing on there.

In the opening day photos the building looks so fresh - a balance of ivy to facade would be nice.

I think the Ivy does work with the ride SBNO, yes it’s still there but it’s not an eyesore (like the disuessed Clould Cukko Land buildings at Towers) and it somewhat fits the pirate theme. With the facade nearly 30 years old I’d expect that the day they remove the ivy they will have to order a replacement facade considering lack of maintence.

If it’s nearly 30 years old is that enough to get it listed? I’m sure pirate adventure is more valuable than some other buildings that get listed! It’s an important piece of British history.

Maybe then they could use Kickstarter to get funds to restore it to working order.

If it’s nearly 30 years old is that enough to get it listed? I’m sure pirate adventure is more valuable than some other buildings that get listed! It’s an important piece of British history.

Maybe then they could use Kickstarter to get funds to restore it to working order.
Refurbishing the ride system, boats, pumps, compartments, building structure, that will come to over at least £3m at least.

Took the train to the farm area and noticed to shutters round the back were unlocked and partly open. I could see what looked like Maintenance lights on.
I also had a look in the gap of the pirate adventure door and a lot of stuff has been moved into there. It looked like piles of boarding.
The parrots lights were off.

Back