Pirate Adventure

I think this is 1 of the best videos of the ride on you tube which includes the queue line. I think it was the best themed ride in the UK and with the right investment could be again as now it’s a shell of a building they could build a bigger and better Pirate Adventure if they have still got all the original pirates as the scenes wouldn’t cost that much to make.

Thomas land could be made bigger at the zoo end leave pirate adventure building empty to they got money to built another dark ride.
I think this would be a better option. The rest of the park is feeling a bit dead and expanding Thomas land any further isn’t going to help that. They have a good selection of rides in Thomas land as it is I can’t see what they could add now.

Excalibur is an extremely challenging environment, pretty much all the lake can take is a tow-boat system that it's had on there for years now. It's boggy, and the water is filthy - it couldn't accommodate any serious water ride any more. Excalibur didn't even fare very well in the challenging conditions of the lake.

I know in a interview with Colin Bryan with Draytonmanorplus about 10 years ago he said after riding Pirate Adventure and the things that were broken he would love to make bigger onto the Excalibur site and have a indoor/out dark ride.

That would be nice - a ride going in/out of a building maybe with a small drop too.
Could work with themes of various types too

I definitely think Pirates is the theme to go for, especially considering the buildings entrance (which can't really be moved other than to behind Rocking Bullstrode) is in the former Pirate Cove area, if they were to add some pirate props around the area and some pirate music - it could be great. Theme up the Burger Kitchen too because it doesn't fit at all.

Pirates is such a good theme because it's a family theme, it's not too dark or scary, but it's not overly childish - it'd be fun for the whole family. It's also a safe and secure bet with areas like Mutiny Bay at Alton Towers being immensely popular and successful.

How about a powered coaster that stop and starts at scenes that’s where the pirates theme could be used again and reuses the pirate Adventure name but has something underneath come join us.

Doubt they'll have something like that. They'll have something much smaller scale like a Zamperla Speedy Coaster or SBF Compact Spinning Coaster.
Do you think they will use the whole building for a single ride? Other than by bulstrode and the old pa entrance is there anywhere else an entrance could be placed?

I doubt it as the exit by Thomasland was rerouted as the shop sits on the site where the pirate adventure shop was and exit path. The entrance will have to be at the front but they could move or remove the bumper cars and have the entrance/exit round there instead. I wonder if the ride layout, system and concrete work was done before they enclosed the building. It be nice to see more construction pics
4634E256-B9C0-4996-AE65-4452FCB4C6F7.jpeg

before Pirate Adventure was build.

The system would of been done in early stages, probably in a similar way to how X no way out at Thorpe Park was built in 1996, working from the ride system outwards and enclosing the ride system and eventually building the sets around the building.
Great picture! Crazy how much that area changed from 1989 to 1990!

Back