Pirate Adventure

Those photos really make it feel like the doors are about to open any moment - the amount of space by the doors is oddly highlighting its there...
Its a shame to see it like this.

I thought they couldn't actually take that sign down as it would damage the building?

Those photos really make it feel like the doors are about to open any moment - the amount of space by the doors is oddly highlighting its there...
Its a shame to see it like this.

I thought they couldn't actually take that sign down as it would damage the building?

it would probably put a hole in the facade
its a shame we lost pirate adventure its a shame its not refurbed rethemed and reopened

I think Like most attractions built around water It’s hard to maintain and I doubt staff knew anything was broken to the checked them. At 1 stage a lot of the lighting had gone and I wonder to replace them did they have to drain the ride.

never good when you have to drain an entire ride to replace lightbulbs
does anyone have any onride footage of the ride as i unfortunately never got to ride this once spectacular ride

Now this ride was originally built a couple of years before Pirate Adventure and was lost in a fire but fans loved it that much it’s been rebuild and it reopens Spring/Summer this year now I know they got more money than Drayton Manor but if they just got rid of the scenes and I think all Pirates have been tested and most still work I can maybe see this making a comeback. It’s easy to start from a empty shell again like Charlie and the chocolate factory ride cost 8 million but how much of that was for the IP, Marketing and the lifts? Also having a empty shell means they can have the correct emergency exits. They kept the bumper cars pirate themed so it will cost a lot more to retheme half the building. Would love to start a petition to show that it’s not just us theme park fans who wants the ride to come back.
i fully agree with the petition i hope more people wish for it back

i fully agree with the petition i hope more people wish for it back

I second this :) The attraction was definitely one of their more themed rides and the amount of rides still themed to pirates in the area means a revival would be feasible. It was much loved and based on the auction and online response, has been missed.

Bit of an off topic:
I would personally love to be a part of rennovating / bringing an attraction to life so would happily offer to help the park too (Not that I have any real experience other than making props and the odd themepark design here and there but it is a dream experience to help with a dark ride / work on a project like that...)

I second this :) The attraction was definitely one of their more themed rides and the amount of rides still themed to pirates in the area means a revival would be feasible. It was much loved and based on the auction and online response, has been missed.

Bit of an off topic:
I would personally love to be a part of rennovating / bringing an attraction to life so would happily offer to help the park too (Not that I have any real experience other than making props and the odd themepark design here and there but it is a dream experience to help with a dark ride / work on a project like that...)
same here

I loved this ride growing up and was devastated when I found out it was closed for good. Think the last time I rode it was sometime in the 00’s but the best time to ride it was in the 90’s (late 90’s for me) because it was less worn. I do remember when I last rode it in my teens some things were not working.

It would be cool if they did a sort of ‘remaster’ of the original, the pirates theme would fit in with the area as has already been mentioned. I can’t really imagine any other theme for that building, anything else would stick out like a sore thumb. Guess time will tell as there doesn’t seem to be much being said about their plans for it. But wouldn’t it be a lot more work and money to completely gut the place and start over with something totally different rather than work with what’s already there?

Found a photo I took back in August 2017, which was the last time I visited the park, of the Pirates entrance. I really hope they do something with the building. Ideally with a pirates theme.
A8A6E6FC-F9B4-4E20-892F-06CF0CA1B3A9.jpeg

Back