The Buffalo

M

Matthew

This family powered coaster has been at the park since 1987 and has got a bit of a rough reputation these days. Would you like to see it removed? Or do you think it should stay at the park as a classic?

Reactions: Dan
At the moment it NEEDS to stay. If they managed to get a few more coasters in the next ten years and they can’t fix the Buffalo then yes, it can go. But it doesn’t need to. They’ve repainted the station and bits of the track and supports over the last few years, so why not keep it if it’s working! Plus it wouldn’t be a bad first rollercoaster really! I find it much tamer than Troublesome Trucks!

I agree with @AvalancheAttractionsUK - right now the park shouldn't be removing rides from their dwindling collection, they need to be adding and when they've got a good number they can look at removing rides such as the Buffalo.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the ride, but I see its appeal at the park - one thing it definitely does is bring the Thomas Land guests out of there and into the main park which is a great move!

I don't think they should ever keep a ride as a classic, if it doesn't work for the park any more - remove it and re-invest.

Since 2016 they added James and the red Balloon and ice Age 4D but they also had Stormforce 10 and Pandemonium closed for a season. The rapids and G force SBNO and also removed the Big Wheel and the cable cars. So they really need to get the families over the height of 1.2m going to the park again with more thrill rides as in the last 10 years only Air Race has been added.

22/5/17
DSC_0149 [2].jpg

Looks like Buffalo is having a repaint done. Another season of it still running hopefully.
20/02/19

View attachment 281

View attachment 282

It was looking really smart from what I could see today. I’ve always liked the buffalo and I’m glad to see it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

I did notice the actual train had gone from the station today. Anyone know if this is being refurbished? It would be nice if they added the rest of the cars back in, it would really help with throughput

It was looking really smart from what I could see today. I’ve always liked the buffalo and I’m glad to see it’s not going anywhere anytime soon.

I did notice the actual train had gone from the station today. Anyone know if this is being refurbished? It would be nice if they added the rest of the cars back in, it would really help with throughput
The rest of the cars won't be returning as the motors can't manage it.

Back