The Buffalo

I’m really hoping the buffalo is back open at the start of the season. I’m looking forward to riding it again. It’s probably one of my favourite rides there (mostly due to nostalgia!)

Reactions: Dan
I’m sure all the main season rides will be open.
I wonder if it will see it’s 40th birthday.
I really hope so. They still appear to be doing a lot of work to it, although the train (minus the buffalo head) did appear to be back on the track. I can’t imagine they would get rid of it anytime soon given it’s a good family ride and the amount they must have spent on it the last couple of years.

I am really hoping that the whole train will be back this year!

I think the buffalo is back to it’s full length again. Also a little building has gone up by the entrance of the ride.
No sign of the camera yet or footings but around the helix area the lake was drained.
BE227BB3-BE5D-4149-88B1-FFD18BE2401A.jpeg
32496265-A0E5-422C-9C0D-87FF966235A2.jpeg
77247344-887E-473E-BCDA-993CB21F660F.jpeg

I really do hope it’s back up to full length, the extra capacity would really help with the crowds. Anyone know why they are adding windows to the other end on the queue side?

I wonder if they have drained the lake to put the camera in. I still think this would be the best backdrop for images.

when was the photo taken?

I don't ever remember seeing that part of the building to be honest, the bit on the right was added last season, and this looks like it has been done in a similar finish, the paint also looks fresher than the rest of the station. Could this be an extension to the Buffalo station? If so, I wonder what it is for?

I don't ever remember seeing that part of the building to be honest, the bit on the right was added last season, and this looks like it has been done in a similar finish, the paint also looks fresher than the rest of the station. Could this be an extension to the Buffalo station? If so, I wonder what it is for?
My thought was are the moving the operator cabin but I can’t see why?

I think the park can’t afford to lose another big ride but Also can’t afford to replace any of them. I think back to 2014 when I 1st visited Paulton’s Peppa pig world was ok but my daughter was only 2. The rides in the area really well themed but the rest of the park looked like a tidy amusement park with limited theming.
6 years later
Drayton Thomas land extension
Paultons Critter Creek

Now Thomas Still winning against Paultons Critter Creek was just a rethemed area and coaster but Drayton added 3 new rides.

Drayton the haunting retheme and new monkey trail
Paultons Lost Kingdom now for me this is where Paulton took over from Drayton with getting rid of basic kids rides and replacing them with a rethemed coaster, 2 new coasters and a couple of kids flat rides with moving dinosaurs and top theming.

Drayton James and the red balloon
Paultons new 4D cinema

Drayton spend £250000 on a ride and Paulton started there next big project on making Peppa pig land bigger.

Drayton Golden Nuggets retheme
Paulton 2 new attractions in Peppa pig land

Nothing at both

Drayton Nothing so far
Paulton Toronto springs with 2 rides rethemed and 4 new rides with top theming.

Now the annual pass for Paulton’s is £140 per year but you get a renewal pass and Draytons is £110

I think the park can’t afford to lose another big ride but Also can’t afford to replace any of them. I think back to 2014 when I 1st visited Paulton’s Peppa pig world was ok but my daughter was only 2. The rides in the area really well themed but the rest of the park looked like a tidy amusement park with limited theming.
6 years later
Drayton Thomas land extension
Paultons Critter Creek

Now Thomas Still winning against Paultons Critter Creek was just a rethemed area and coaster but Drayton added 3 new rides.

Drayton the haunting retheme and new monkey trail
Paultons Lost Kingdom now for me this is where Paulton took over from Drayton with getting rid of basic kids rides and replacing them with a rethemed coaster, 2 new coasters and a couple of kids flat rides with moving dinosaurs and top theming.

Drayton James and the red balloon
Paultons new 4D cinema

Drayton spend £250000 on a ride and Paulton started there next big project on making Peppa pig land bigger.

Drayton Golden Nuggets retheme
Paulton 2 new attractions in Peppa pig land

Nothing at both

Drayton Nothing so far
Paulton Toronto springs with 2 rides rethemed and 4 new rides with top theming.

Now the annual pass for Paulton’s is £140 per year but you get a renewal pass and Draytons is £110
Well let's hope for 2021 that Drayton get back on their game!!

Back