G-Force

Well it's up for sale officially now - https://www.amusement-rides.com/en/product/g-force-maurer

Apparently getting a lot of interest so hopefully it finds a home and hopefully in the UK. Also a friend of mine in the industry said that the ride is sold in full working an operating order and was unsure to G-Force ever needing any parts. However he was very sure that Drayton Manor are selling due to high maintenance costs of the ride and needing to free up vital capital for the park. I'm guessing this is for the "weather" and "fishing" themed areas.
That’s interesting, it does state that it’s sold with 2 cars/1 train.
Any idea how much they’ll make off it?

Any idea how much they’ll make off it?

Not sure if i'm honest. I reckon going on steel alone and that the coaster is said to be in working order, Drayton could claw the invest back but again its only worth what someone is willing to pay as they say.

Drayton could have already sold it to a 3rd party at a price and they selling at maybe 20-25% more.
If they selling the train as well it must have gone back to the manufacture as that was the main season the ride closed in the 1st place.
Im glad it’s gone as I went on the year it was last fully open and I pulled a muscle and was in a bit of pain for a few days.
They really need to be adding another family coaster with a 1.2m tall and there’s some good 1s out there (Wickerman, Thirteen and Spinball )

The world's most uncomfortable seatbelts on this new rollercoaster. PAIN could be the name and it could replace...
They could swap for spinball whizzer (which I till think would be great for Drayton)!

I actually didn’t mind g force (maybe I’m the l my person) but I do get why people found the restraints uncomfortable especially given the inverted lift hill. Are there any other rides except g force and it’s sister ride using that style of restraint?

I think spinball whizzer or a good spinner coaster would be a great addition for Drayton Manor. Could they not get a Zamperla one on a hire for at least two years on a temporary basis while they look to get a more permanent one like a MACK version?

I think spinball whizzer or a good spinner coaster would be a great addition for Drayton Manor. Could they not get a Zamperla one on a hire for at least two years on a temporary basis while they look to get a more permanent one like a MACK version?
Do zamperla do a spinner? And if so why don’t Drayton already have it :s. I thought they had pretty much purchased their entire catalogue of rides!

I watched that video and I thought it was very helpful! Shawn is very good at getting down to the park early and we know when the next update is likely to be unless Theme Park Vision Art does a video soon

A coaster called Barnstormer was planned for the 2005 Season which was the launch coaster across the lake but it fell though so G Force was a last min decision.
I was never a fan of the coaster and I doubt it will be missed in the park but having no coaster for the 1.2m+ age range really limits the age range of guests in the park as now there only Shockwave, Stand up side of Apocalypse and Pandemonium left for her to ride when she’s tall enough.

Interestingly yesterday the photo booth is still standing with no sign of it being removed. I wonder if it is going to be repurposed?

IMG-20200418-WA0046.jpg

G Force in storage

Back