Falls Theater (Originally 4D Cinema)

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
The 4D Cinema at Drayton Manor opened in 2009 - it has had many showings but currently shows Ice Age: No Time For Nuts 4D. The cinema has a queue at the start, for guests waiting for the show, then a themed waiting area showing an Ice Age short film, glasses are then handed out at the entrance to the Cinema. Effects which run with the 3D film include air blasts, water, seat motion, side and front lighting - the cinema can also run leg ticklers and bubble effects however these are currently not in use for the Ice Age show.

Showings run every half an hour from rides open to rides close time. Disabled seating is available at the front of the cinema, with water, air and lighting effects still being available.

The 4D Cinema may be in for some changes! The park is hosting Digs & Discoveries, a brand new Thomas & Friends film which showcases sections of the show before it airs - the park have hinted on a construction theme for the show so this could potentially mark the end of Ice Age 4D at the park, a welcomed and exciting change for the future.

After the premier, the park will show Specials from 7th-14th July to make for a shorter show, these will be shown to Drayton Manor guests before the film airs.

The show is available for public viewing on Sunday 7th July to Sunday 14th July. Could this be a temporary overlay with Ice Age returning, or could a new film be in store once this concludes?

Read all about Digs & Discoveries here, including when to catch it!

5d0cadc12d735.png

I hope there is a new show in the 4D Cinema for 2020, maybe even a show from the past such as the Pirate Show as a celebration of 70 years of Drayton Manor? I would love to see the Polar Express return for Christmas 2020, it is much better than the Ice Age show.

I hope there is a new show in the 4D Cinema for 2020, maybe even a show from the past such as the Pirate Show as a celebration of 70 years of Drayton Manor? I would love to see the Polar Express return for Christmas 2020, it is much better than the Ice Age show.
It would be nice to see a new show in the A4D cinema. Did they actually switch it for Christmas this year or was it still no time for nuts? We didn’t visit the 4D cinema during magical Christmas.

They showed both films so on the hour they showed the Christmas show and half past the no time for nuts. I think they got 1 more season with the ice age movie. They should use the other ice age 4D movie

I noticed it was like this at the start of the Magical Christmas, but by the end they had reverted to just showing the Mammoth Christmas, a much better decision as running two shows is confusing and inconvenient for guests who just want to catch the Christmas showing. I hope they repair the effects in the 4D Cinema for 2020, I remember a time when there was smoke and snow.

Great pictures, it's really nice to see the 4D cinema looking so fresh. I like the fact that it's very much "Hollywood" sort of style theming, nothing really about the movie inside, but nice theming like a Hollywood premiere showing. Also, do I spot curtains opening before the show starts? That's a nice effect. I do remember the Skull Rock, all effects were fully used for this show, every subsequent show hasn't used all the effects to its benefit in my eyes.

I'd like to see the park add some original films again, and maybe even show various films throughout the day (on the hour Movie A, half past the hour Movie B) - they could also bring back this "art-deco" style look it had. Although I suppose a custom film isn't as crowd drawing as an IP for a 4D Cinema, as a matter of fact I don't know of any parks that show a custom film now.

Yogi bear was the 1st movie that lasted a season within the park. As well as skull rock they showed haunted house 4D during there Halloween event.
That's a good idea, it's something else that they can advertise for the Halloween event too, an additional attraction almost. I really hope they go back to the art-deco style theming and bring in some custom films. Even for the 70th Anniversary it'd be great to see the 4D Cinema showing some of its original themes, maybe even showing a video at a set time of some favourite memories from the park - doesn't have to be done in 4D even.

I'd like to see the original shows return. I'd also like to see some of the effects return, right now all we have is air, water and moving seats, as well as some lighting effects. I'd like to see snow, smoke and bubbles like we used to have in the cinema. The 4D Cinema looks to be an impressive piece of kit, I'd like to see it utilised properly again.

I think we may see the 4D cinema close after the ice age IP ends as the park will not want to spend more money on a another IP if it can’t be opened (social distancing) or having to have lots of seats out of use.
I hope not permanently! It's a good, seemingly well looked after ride, which I think does quite well at the park, especially over Magical Christmas. I feel like a new IP or showing one of the original films breathes life into the ride each time and allows it to be marketed as new.

i think it will be good to get some more of the other rides in operation such as 4D cinema, haunting, etc and hopefully the dates don't change too much so we can get back on the haunting and 4D cinema ASAP

Back