VertiGO

Harry

VertiGO is a high rope adventure course that opened at the park in 2016.

Supplied by Ropes Course, Inc of the US, VertiGO uses the Sky Rail® and Sky Tykes® so it is perfect for all ages to experience VertiGO (Height restrictions apply).

Rules & Restrictions:

VertiGO -
Participants must be 1.2m tall or over to participate without adult supervision.
Participant between the height of 1.0m and 1.2m must be accompanied by a responsible paying adult and stay within arm’s length at all times.

VertiGo Tots - Participants must be aged 2 or over and no taller than 1.2m (4ft). Participants must have a responsible adult with them.

Before proceeding onto the attraction, please be aware:
  • Participants using VertiGo must be able to understand and demonstrate knowledge of all safety rules and the environment of the course to go on without any adult supervision
  • Participants must be able to fit into the harness comfortably and securely. Participant maximum weight is 21 stone (136kg)
  • Participants under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted on VertiGo
  • Please ensure that shoes are secure and your shoe laces are tied
  • No flip flops, open toed or heeled shoes are permitted
  • All personal items must be left in the lockers provided or with a spectator. Drayton Manor Park is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal items
  • Your pockets must be empty and you must ensure you are not carrying any loose objects such as phones or cameras
  • Participants wearing glasses must ensure they are secure
  • No chewing gum, food or drinks are allowed on the attraction
  • You must be in good health to participate. We ask that participants do not partake if they suspect their health could be at risk or could aggravate a pre-existing condition

When you are up on the attraction:

• Only 1 participant is permitted on a rope challenge except if a child is being assisted by an adult or member of the VertiGo team. Only 1 participant is permitted on a zip rail at any time
  • Please do not run, jump, hang or engage in horseplay during the activity. We reserve the right to expel participants displaying these behaviours at any time
  • The harness sling line should stay in front of and between the participants shoulders at all times
  • Do not touch the overhead track system or tamper with harness or sling line
  • When using the zip rails hair must be tied back.
  • Participate responsibly.
  • Drayton Manor Park accept no responsibility for accident or injury as a result of guests failing to follow safety instructions

Not Suitable For:

- Recent Medical Conditions

- No Plaster Casts

- No Expectant Mothers

- Back or Neck Problems

- Heart Problems

- Fear Of Heights

Please be aware that this attraction will close in adverse weather conditions such as thunder and lightening as well as in cold and icy conditions as this can cause platforms to be slippy.

If in strong winds, the top level zip wire may need to close, especially if the wind is against the running direction as it can cause adventurers to be stuck in the middle, meaning a basic rescue would need to be performed.

( Source of information: https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/vertigo )

DSC_0150 (2).jpg

DSC_0152.JPG

26/03/19

It'll either be:
- Removed during Magical Christmas into storage
- Stood SBNO until futher notice or sold, left up to look more marketable to investors
- VertiGo Tots relocated elsewhere in the park (eg. to Spencer's Outdoor with staff)

Best to see it while it's still at the park, can't see it onsite for the 2020 season but I guess we'll have to wait and see

I imagine the park must have lost money on this. I just can’t see how they would have ever recovered the initial cost of it.

Shame if it is going though (which given the evidence looks ever likely) as I never actually managed to go on it.

I imagine the park must have lost money on this. I just can’t see how they would have ever recovered the initial cost of it.

Shame if it is going though (which given the evidence looks ever likely) as I never actually managed to go on it.
Highly doubt they would come anywhere close to making their money back.

Without a doubt I can see that it was purchased as a fill-in attraction and clear it was not there to stay long. Hopefully with it's removal they can look at the park's actual audience and replace it with something good.

It still says that on the website but it takes you to the same this website can't be found. I doubt it will reopen and I think it will spend next season SBNO because that's what most Drayton rides do after closing
I’m not sure if that’s worse than them taking it down. Either way if it’s SBNO or removed guests are going to notice another attraction is MIA

I think removal is the best option, walking in through the Buffalo Entrance to be greeted by an SBNO climbing frame isn't exactly a good impression to give... Remove what isn't needed and sell it on, that's if it is closing. For all we know if could be a rebrand to make it accessible for all hotel guests as part of the package, or opening it up late on the night after the park closes so more people are enticed as they don't loose precious park time...

It looks as though VertiGO may well be leaving the park, I checked on the website following the message above where the website said VertiGO was re-opening for 2020. It has now been changed to this. What do you think will happen with VertiGO?

Screenshot 2020-01-30 at 09.24.19.png

It could be that it was least to the park and they know it costs more to operate with Staff wages as when it was open I didn’t see many guests on it. I wonder what will happen with the cafe area. Maybe open a outdoor kids area In a enclosed area where adults can chill out with a alcoholic drink or hot drinks.

I don’t get why it’s seasonal, other places like planters (local garden centre to Tamworth) and go ape operate their high courses for much longer seasons.

I would have thought they would target the corporate team building market with it.

My prediction: VertiGO is demolished in December 2020, gets sold on to another park, and there be one of three things in its place. (In order of likeliness from most to least.)
1. Car Park Expansion. Yes, there are a lot of car parking spaces already, and most of the time, the car park is only about half full, however on peak days, I've seen the roads all being flooded with cars. A car park with around 40 or so spaces would really benedit the park and stop all the fuss with parking.
2. A new ride that replaces VertiGO and Buffalo. Buffalo really isn't ageing well at the moment, and while they have only recently painted it, they aren't running it at its old capacity, and the surrounding area just seems empty. Even one of the queue time signs has Thomas Land theming, which just shows the lack of effort the park puts into the area. I really think that this should be the next area that the park focuses on. Rip out buffalo and VertiGO, and whack in a MACK Rides family launch coaster!
3. Ok this isn't going to happen but I'd like to see a small restauraunt placed here as I rarely see the fish and chip shop open, and that side of the park really needs somewhere to eat, as all food restauraunts are so far away compared to what the rest of the park has to offer (i.e. Shockwave Stormforce 10 and Air Race have the Chicken Diner right there, but if you're doing rides like Apocalypse or Pandemonium, the closest major thing is Humble Pies, which can get very busy on a peak day.

I don’t get why it’s seasonal, other places like planters (local garden centre to Tamworth) and go ape operate their high courses for much longer seasons.

I would have thought they would target the corporate team building market with it.
I've been to Planters, it seems to be very popular when the High Ropes are open, good at Christmas too. I think with the amount of staffing costs, the local competition, and maybe even a lack of demand - VertiGO was more likely to fail. At least now that it's shut they won't have to pay staff training or get it checked - I spoke to somebody at Planters and their high ropes gets checked every so often so I imagine DMP's would too. Another saving that the park have made hopefully for a new investment.

Back