VertiGO

Good news, hopefully it will be re-invested well. I don't know too much about Vertigo, was it a spectacular fail? Or did people originally use it? Maybe if it was closer to the hotel and free for guests or something it would have been better?

It was £2 ago but it was only open during the summer season and they gave up after the 2018 season. Never saw the kids version open.
My son managed to go on the Kids one during the last October half term it opened (2018 I think), but it wasn't overly popular. I think it may have done better if there wasn't the dead space between the buffalo and vertigo. Unless you were using that entrance which was only really used during busy days in the summer, there was no real reason to walk over to vertigo.

Something I've just released is the area where vertiGO was could of still be vertiGO.even though the park didn't want it could of still been there as the area there is weirdly all blocked off witch I don't know why and the building is still there but now for storage of old props signs etc and where the actual attraction was the hole area of it is all blocked off well a bit of it has the Vikings horse ride(i have no clue how u say or spell then name) but the other area could of still been that play area bit next to it but Vikings themed

Something I've just released is the area where vertiGO was could of still be vertiGO.even though the park didn't want it could of still been there as the area there is weirdly all blocked off witch I don't know why and the building is still there but now for storage of old props signs etc and where the actual attraction was the hole area of it is all blocked off well a bit of it has the Vikings horse ride(i have no clue how u say or spell then name) but the other area could of still been that play area bit next to it but Vikings themed
It could've been left there but it would be an eye-sore in such a good looking area like Vikings, and as you stated they didn't want it.

Definitely feels better to not have it than have it next to Vikings as it would definitely not fit in.

Staffing something like VertiGO would also call for a set of specific training. Imagine that wouldn't be the cheapest to finance.

I believe there has been some movements around the building and area recently. May be seeing a shop soon!

Attachments

• PXL_20230723_124913689.jpg
    PXL_20230723_124913689.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
I know there is a lot of interest in the Vertigo building but am I alone in wondering what is happening with the food outlet station in Vikings? I've not seen it open or the fire pit bit all season. (or for a good while anyway)

I know there is a lot of interest in the Vertigo building but am I alone in wondering what is happening with the food outlet station in Vikings? I've not seen it open or the fire pit bit all season. (or for a good while anyway)
I don't think I've ever seen it on even during my trips during the opening of Vikings. What kind of food do they sell there again? Isn't it chicken or something like that?

It was open earlier in the season (the outlet) but the firepit hasnt operated once.
May see it open later this season again hopefully.

It should definately be open for viking festival event.

I don't think I've ever seen it on even during my trips during the opening of Vikings. What kind of food do they sell there again? Isn't it chicken or something like that?
To be honest I never used it beyond ice cream and a drink. I seem to remember there were different offerings from the kiosk (pulled pork wraps I think) and yeah maybe chicken.

The fire pit did sausages, I did try and order from here once, but was directed back to the kiosk but also told not to bother as they'd sold out. Quite odd.

Last year, it was open in summer for BBQ Hotdogs and were very good, not seen it open this season.
It's a shame really. Maybe this could be due to the staffing issue which is currently going on? Or maybe it just didn't make enough money, but who knows.

It's a shame really. Maybe this could be due to the staffing issue which is currently going on? Or maybe it just didn't make enough money, but who knows.
I'd be interested to see the make up of some of the customer satisfaction surveys and focus group feedbacks. The negative impression of closed outlets to me is significant. And whilst, as an employer, you don't want staff hanging around doing nothing as a customer you don't want to waste time in queues to spend extra money.

You sort of expect to spend times queuing for rides. Losing 30 - 40 minutes to spend over the odds on catering is a different matter. You don't expect or ever see queues for the amusements or hook a duck / basketball type things...so why for catering?

You only got to see with that kids to eat for £1 with every full paying adult deal how often non annual pass visitors eat in the park. I seen record number of picnics this year.

Definitely feels better to not have it than have it next to Vikings as it would definitely not fit in.

Staffing something like VertiGO would also call for a set of specific training. Imagine that wouldn't be the cheapest to finance.

I believe there has been some movements around the building and area recently. May be seeing a shop soon!
To confirm
This is indeed a shop and it is now open

I would assume it sold Vikings merch? Does it sell anything else?
It sells a range of merchandise including Vikings but also other things like Thomas (can't forget Thomas!), Clothing, toys and sweet treats.

Personally would have preferred to see it be 100% Vikings related items but makes sense to have a bit of everything as it's near an entrance / exit point for the park.

Haven't had chance to visit yet but will do soon.

Back