Drayton at 70

I think having no lasers and fire last year was the disappointing part of last years as that planet just changing colours was stupid.
For themes I agree Star Wars and War of the worlds we the best as the music and special effects worked well.

I think having no lasers and fire last year was the disappointing part of last years as that planet just changing colours was stupid.
For themes I agree Star Wars and War of the worlds we the best as the music and special effects worked well.
They were definitely less spectacular and the lack of lasers was noticeable. The fake moon was quite cool but beyond that it wasn’t great. It’s also a shame it was only on for 2 days. I understand why they did it but still disappointing.

Personally I think the Star Wars theme was my favourite.

They were definitely less spectacular and the lack of lasers was noticeable. The fake moon was quite cool but beyond that it wasn’t great. It’s also a shame it was only on for 2 days. I understand why they did it but still disappointing.

Personally I think the Star Wars theme was my favourite.
Hopefully they'll bring back the lasers and other good effects for their 70th anniversary celebration fireworks because judging by how long the coronavirus stays in a country for (max 4 months so far) we should be able to enjoy fireworks this year. Also another point is, after the display people always rush back too their cars and there's barely anyone in the park till 10!!!

It’s hard to say as I think they would be more happy just to get the park reopened even if it means just Thomas land as I think after the lockdown over the 1m rule will be in force and limiting numbers like there Christmas event means only 1000 and 2000 guests per day. Last year the rides queue lines closed at half 8 and by the time I got off the shockwave about 9pm the park was empty.

It’s hard to say as I think they would be more happy just to get the park reopened even if it means just Thomas land as I think after the lockdown over the 1m rule will be in force and limiting numbers like there Christmas event means only 1000 and 2000 guests per day. Last year the rides queue lines closed at half 8 and by the time I got off the shockwave about 9pm the park was empty.
Depending on when in the year it is I wouldn’t be surprised if it want just Thomas land/Xmas ride line up. I imagine they haven’t bothered recruiting the seasonal staff this year yet and given there’s no end in sight I imagine it’s difficult to plan for any sort of opening.

Depending on when in the year it is I wouldn’t be surprised if it want just Thomas land/Xmas ride line up. I imagine they haven’t bothered recruiting the seasonal staff this year yet and given there’s no end in sight I imagine it’s difficult to plan for any sort of opening.
Hopefully it won't be cancelled who at least they might postpone it till next year!!

Sad to think that today (& tomorrow) would've been the parks 70th Anniversary celebrations. We were really looking forward to celebrating with the park. Do you reckon they'll postpone the event or will it just be forgotten?

I'm hoping its just getting postponed but wouldn't be unlikely to be forgotten about :(

I was really hoping to be celebrating with them,

I think they really got to be offering 2-1 tickets, reduce the tickets to 4 for £80 again just to get the guests into the park if it does end up not opening to end of September. Maybe extent the main season with just weekend opening up to Christmas.

Back