Drayton at 70

@Anth0ny @Kam Problem is if the park refer back to it's golden age from the 90's and early 20's. It will make people stop and think about how the park haven't made major investments into the park for some years. It would be a slight blunder with many more questions being asked from people who haven't noticed. I suppose you could call it damage control to the brand that is Drayton Manor. Don't highlight the parks current issues only highlight recent success which is Thomas Land mainly.

Thomas land is the best thing ever to happen to Drayton Manor as it now is open from mid Feb to the end of Dec where before it was end of March to start of November. Thomas land also gave them the extra funds to build the hotel but that’s where it’s all gone wrong since as 2012 only Air Race has been added to the main park with just 2 rethemed attractions and a new 4D movie. Like they use to replace the movie every season rides been removed and not replaced.

Reactions: Dan
Thomas land is the best thing ever to happen to Drayton Manor as it now is open from mid Feb to the end of Dec where before it was end of March to start of November. Thomas land also gave them the extra funds to build the hotel but that’s where it’s all gone wrong since as 2012 only Air Race has been added to the main park with just 2 rethemed attractions and a new 4D movie. Like they use to replace the movie every season rides been removed and not replaced.

Agree with you although I would disagree about Thomas Land giving extra funds for the hotel. The hotel was always on the cards from since the 1990's the only problem was getting planning consent due to residents. The hotel is what started the issues for Drayton as most of the parks debt came from the hotel sadly.

Happy birthday Drayton Manor! 70 years is a long time for any business to be running for, and despite it’s shift in target markets over recent years, it still remains as one of my favourite theme parks.

I’ve got a special 70th anniversary tweet planned for later today, so I’ll post it’s here once it’s posted.

I liked that video. I always loved the 'fun' 'fun' 'fun' theme tune! I miss it sooooo much!!!
The park have done some great marketing runs over the year, some really catchy tunes to them also! It's great how many rides they showcased also, which shows just how marketable some of the rides at Drayton Manor really are! We actually edited this video in-house using a brief selection from our archive images! We intend to release our entire archive library very soon on the website - stay tuned for that!

Happy birthday Drayton Manor! 70 years is a long time for any business to be running for, and despite it’s shift in target markets over recent years, it still remains as one of my favourite theme parks.

I’ve got a special 70th anniversary tweet planned for later today, so I’ll post it’s here once it’s posted.

You're absolutely correct, 70 years of operation is a very big achievement and a testament to the people behind Drayton Manor. To stay family run, by the same family, is also a massive accolade. The park has weathered the 70 years incredibly well, with some undeniably tough times to battle through, including the current situation, it's great to see such a great product 70 years on!

The park have done some great marketing runs over the year, some really catchy tunes to them also! It's great how many rides they showcased also, which shows just how marketable some of the rides at Drayton Manor really are! We actually edited this video in-house using a brief selection from our archive images! We intend to release our entire archive library very soon on the website - stay tuned for that!

You're absolutely correct, 70 years of operation is a very big achievement and a testament to the people behind Drayton Manor. To stay family run, by the same family, is also a massive accolade. The park has weathered the 70 years incredibly well, with some undeniably tough times to battle through, including the current situation, it's great to see such a great product 70 years on!
Happy Birthday to Drayton Manor
It's never been visited by my nana
Shockwave, Apocalypse and Maelstrom
Are my favourites to go on!! little song and everything in it is true!!! btw Alton Towers wished Drayton a happy birthday on Towers Street if anyone's on that website as wel?!

I think they really need to go big for there fireworks display with all day entertainment and the longest display the park ever put on. It be so nice if Colin had a good tribute put in to his parents and hope his kids and grandchildren can lead the park forward to see in the next 30 years.

I think they really need to go big for there fireworks display with all day entertainment and the longest display the park ever put on. It be so nice if Colin had a good tribute put in to his parents and hope his kids and grandchildren can lead the park forward to see in the next 30 years.
The fireworks are always spectacular and definitely worth visiting!!!

It needs to be bigger and better than ever before :D A true celebration!

Back