Ride Lifetime

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
Out of all of the rides at Drayton Manor (not including SBNO rides) what do you think will be next to depart from Drayton Manor and why? What would you like to see them replaced with?

It’s a hard one. The ones I’d think they’d remove (e.g. Pandemonium, Buffalo) have more or less had refurbs in the last few years. I’d honestly won’t be surprised if the next ride/ attraction to go is something in the zoo like the Terraces Driving School or DinoTrail!

All comes down to ride reliability, popularity, and also for parts to be produced. Buffalo is on it's last legs and can't see it running after 2022 definitely. If the park wants to invest in a new ride/attraction, the Buffalo's location will be perfect for it being there is a lot of space to use. As long as the Bryan's want to use that area.

Does anyone else remeber that movie themed coaster plans a few years back? I do remember that I saw the concept art on Google a few months back, it looked amazing! Not sure of what Coaster model it would have been, but I do think it would have gone where Buffalo stands now. I doubt it will happen now considering this was released back in 2013/14

Whatever goes next, I really hope its replaced with something similar.. eg a new family coaster that goes out over the lake to replace buffalo. Or new animatronic Dinosaurs like they have at Black Gamg Chine on the Isle of Wight

Whatever goes next, I really hope its replaced with something similar.. eg a new family coaster that goes out over the lake to replace buffalo. Or new animatronic Dinosaurs like they have at Black Gamg Chine on the Isle of Wight
Interesting recommendation! What do you think will be next, the Buffalo or another ride?

I agree with you both Harry and ClickTechUK - I think it will be the Buffalo next. It had been running at half capacity for a while when I last saw it, which I didn't understand. I think other than that we could be shocked and see something like the Dino Trail leave from the Zoo. Do you think Thomas Land Rides could be removed, I don't see that they would myself.

I agree with you both Harry and ClickTechUK - I think it will be the Buffalo next. It had been running at half capacity for a while when I last saw it, which I didn't understand. I think other than that we could be shocked and see something like the Dino Trail leave from the Zoo. Do you think Thomas Land Rides could be removed, I don't see that they would myself.

I can only see Thomas Land rides being relocated, not removed. If I had to think any ride would be removed it would be Captain, James or Rocking Bulstrode. Bulstrode definitely if Drayton will start using the Pirate Adventure building as expansion.

Last I recall it was half capacity due to a weighting issue...
This was a few years ago though.

As much as I love Buffalo it may be end of the line but I wonder how many years Shockwave has left too - Especially if the park chooses family over thrill. Could also spell the end of Pandemonium.

Last I recall it was half capacity due to a weighting issue...
This was a few years ago though.

As much as I love Buffalo it may be end of the line but I wonder how many years Shockwave has left too - Especially if the park chooses family over thrill. Could also spell the end of Pandemonium.
The park will try their best to keep Buffalo running more longer than Shockwave as it's more of an asset to them. It's got lower height restrictions and suits more towards the 'children/family demographic' they're pushing so much towards these days. Shockwave caters to one market but Buffalo caters to all.

I feel like at the moment the park really need to ensure no rides leave, we have lost so many rides over the past years, most of which have not been replaced. Surely there needs to be replacements for G Force, Chairlift, Pirate Adventure and Excalibur before the park even think about taking any more rides down. There needs to be something on offer to attract people to, so that they can see the work taking place in other areas of the park. If any more rides were to go, there will be too many blank spaces, I hope they focus on filling the space they have already created before making any more.

it's only so long until people will realise that more and more space is appearing, but ticket prices are not changing, and then when the park do invest people might not come back as they remember the park being very empty, which could create an ongoing problem

I feel like at the moment the park really need to ensure no rides leave, we have lost so many rides over the past years, most of which have not been replaced. Surely there needs to be replacements for G Force, Chairlift, Pirate Adventure and Excalibur before the park even think about taking any more rides down. There needs to be something on offer to attract people to, so that they can see the work taking place in other areas of the park. If any more rides were to go, there will be too many blank spaces, I hope they focus on filling the space they have already created before making any more.

it's only so long until people will realise that more and more space is appearing, but ticket prices are not changing, and then when the park do invest people might not come back as they remember the park being very empty, which could create an ongoing problem

Agreed - It felt really empty last season and that was with g force just sat there.
People notice the amount of SBNO's and start questioning why they can't ride it (considering it is sat there doing nothing)

Agreed - It felt really empty last season and that was with g force just sat there.
People notice the amount of SBNO's and start questioning why they can't ride it (considering it is sat there doing nothing)
I spent a lot of time apologising to guests because their favourite rides are SBNO or closed. Most common was Pirate Adventure - During Summer you'd at least get asked about it 5-8 times a day.

I've even had people ask me why and when other rides are closed such as Black Revolver, Excalibur and Mississippi Showboat.
Too many closed rides and little to no replacements.

When I used to stand on the entrance for Maelstrom because the ride was down - near enough every one asked about G-Force and wanted an answer for it. :rolleyes:

Back