G-Force's Replacement

I’m not 100% sure, but it seems that the G-Force photo booth has been removed in this photo from Theme Park Vids.

3FBA338D-3D0E-4928-B843-BB0CF0DD3DA9.jpeg

What are we thinking then? Wave Swinger seems confirmed and we know a second attraction is coming to the area from the Drayton website.

Disko?
Kids tracked ride?

Any more rumours?

If you look at the current site only 1 of the area has foundations poured which looks like the centre point for the motor. The other site has nothing currently and looks to small for a disko which I think points to the small track ride the park had planned to install last year but the flood, later opening (July) and the original owners going into administration put the project on hold. As they had plans for a seaside area but not to the scale the looping group has planned to do.

If you look at the current site only 1 of the area has foundations poured which looks like the centre point for the motor. The other site has nothing currently and looks to small for a disko which I think points to the small track ride the park had planned to install last year but the flood, later opening (July) and the original owners going into administration put the project on hold. As they had plans for a seaside area but not to the scale the looping group has planned to do.

Thanks,

Do you know any more about what type of tracked ride was planned? With 2 kids it would be great to add something for them to the area which makes sense. It could also point to why the G Force photo booth remains as it could be used for family photos from the potential track ride.

I've heard a splash park mentioned as well, but I'm not too sure about that idea, although it could just be a reaction to the weather last week!

I doubt it’s a splash zone now as they would have dug deeper to put in the water tank/base and then the pipes installed before they put the surface down. With 2 water rides in the area and the splash zone by the 1st drop on stormforce 10 I doubt we anything else to do with water. Can see that Rock area used for theming.

Interesting. Not the second ride as expected. Looks like it’s going partly where the chairlift was.

I wonder if the chicken hatch is what will become of the old g force photo booth.

Interesting. Not the second ride as expected. Looks like it’s going partly where the chairlift was.

I wonder if the chicken hatch is what will become of the old g force photo booth.
I think the chicken hatch is the little take away window on the side of chicken diner not sure though

I was kinda right it would be a attraction for younger guests to enjoy while older members of the family can enjoy the other attractions round Adventure Cove I always said that they needed a playground area in the main park after the former playgrounds were removed in the mid to late 90’s.
Personally I think this will be a good addition. Parents need an area to let their kids run off steam, which they can't do in ride queues.

Some of the comments on Facebook for Drayton's post were less than enthusiastic about the new addition, but I think it's a good call.

Personally I think this will be a good addition. Parents need an area to let their kids run off steam, which they can't do in ride queues.

Some of the comments on Facebook for Drayton's post were less than enthusiastic about the new addition, but I think it's a good call.

I agree. Not sure Drayton have done themselves too many favours by replying to those asking about a thrill ride that there is more to come. I doubt a Wave Swinger is what they will have had in mind.

Still, I personally think it's a great start from the new owners. Hopefully it is just that, a start, and that there is more to come. I'm sure they have plans for the top area of the park, but probably need (albeit unfortunately) Apocalypse and Pandemonium gone first. Then I have everything crossed that they do something big with the Pirate Adventure building.

I agree. Not sure Drayton have done themselves too many favours by replying to those asking about a thrill ride that there is more to come. I doubt a Wave Swinger is what they will have had in mind.

Still, I personally think it's a great start from the new owners. Hopefully it is just that, a start, and that there is more to come. I'm sure they have plans for the top area of the park, but probably need (albeit unfortunately) Apocalypse and Pandemonium gone first. Then I have everything crossed that they do something big with the Pirate Adventure building.
Yes, I was surprised they replied to the comments. You'll never please everyone though and it's good to see that Looping are really splashing the cash.

I can't remember the last time so much work was done to the park.

There's certainly been a hell of a lot of work in the off season compared to previous years so hopefully that's a sign of things to come - I know it's not what the thrill seekers wanted but I'm sure the future is bright in that area as well.
Just to add I did just make a new video on it all but I'll also be doing a full update from the park over the weekend at some point :)

Back