More Treat Than Trick Halloween

Dan

Team Member
Team Member
Drayton Manor are running their family Halloween Event from 19th - 31st October. The website promises to offer family fun activities and entertainment with the October Half Term. The park have been offering some top class entertainment recently, we are sure this quality and frequency will continue.

The park have only recently begun to promote this in A1 frames and advertising banners around the park, so we look forward to seeing a full schedule soon. I'm sure we'll see plenty of photo opportunities and decorations as usual, but I would personally love to see some form of Halloween scare maze / zone / experience which is family friendly and think something like this could set the park aside from other family theme parks.

Read More: https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/halloween

IMG_8792.jpg

A Halloween scare maze of some kind would be great at Drayton. So long as there's a family friendly version or option, it could work really well. Even something Thomas related would work :)
It doesn’t really work at Drayton Manor as it’s only open in the dark for the fireworks event and there Christmas event.
Yeah, that's been the practice so far, but there's nothing to stop them experimenting and trying out newer ideas for Halloween to expand their audience; just as they've done over the past decade with their Christmas only events which has only expanded over the years. If they built seasonal halloween attractions and marketed them enough as family friendly experiences, I can definitely see them being able to extend opening times and capitalize on it as a result.

It appears Halloween decorations have been put up at Drayton Manor over the weekend!

There appears to be a "Hay Bale Trail" where guests are encouraged to explore the park looking for Halloween-themed Bales, some images of these can be seen below:

IMG_9477.jpg
IMG_9513.jpg
IMG_9509.jpg
IMG_9519.jpg

Above are just a few of the many hay bales around the park, the rest have been kept for you to find!

The park is also looking splendidly spooky with decorations being found across the park!

IMG_9480.jpg
IMG_9482.jpg
IMG_9484.jpg
IMG_9529.jpg
IMG_9476.jpg
IMG_9478.jpg
IMG_9488.jpg
IMG_9487.jpg

Entertainment will be provided at Knapford Station throughout the event. A Thomas-themed Trick or Treat with the Fat Controller will be taking place at 11am and 1pm daily.

New for 2019 is Drayton Manor Park’s Halloween Bale Trail, during which families follow spooky clues around the park to find some scary Halloween surprises, ending with a treat!

Hourly Zoo Talks will be returning for the event, with talks on Spider Monkeys, Red Pandas, Meerkat's and Reptiles being offered.

I think whilst the park looks great and the Pumpkin Carving and Trick or Treat are welcomed - they really need something else to stand out. I still think a family ‘scare’ maze would do so well, something like House of Monsters at Alton Towers used to be.

I’d love to see them try and make the Haunting more intense for Halloween (not sure how but I think it’d be great, maybe return Dr X?)

I’m not sure if they’re doing Halloween entertainment either this year? I’ve not seen the Imagination or Carousel Stages used which is a shame. The park seem to go all our for Christmas but not so much at Halloween

A Halloween scare maze of some kind would be great at Drayton. So long as there's a family friendly version or option, it could work really well. Even something Thomas related would work :)

Yeah, that's been the practice so far, but there's nothing to stop them experimenting and trying out newer ideas for Halloween to expand their audience; just as they've done over the past decade with their Christmas only events which has only expanded over the years. If they built seasonal halloween attractions and marketed them enough as family friendly experiences, I can definitely see them being able to extend opening times and capitalize on it as a result.
could be a use for the pirate adventure building if they can get it ready and safe in time

Looking at the Halloween event the looping group put on at West Midland Safari Park and Pleasurewood Hills
Looking at them vlogs I hope Drayton can go all out in 2021

I wonder what the park will do for Halloween this year?
Hopefully they'll go all out for it, there was quite a lot of live entertainment during summer of fun so I would expect to be at least something similar but halloween themed.

I wonder if they will stick to the purely family market or go a bit more towards the alton towers end have have something like a scare maze.

Back