Fireworks Spectacular 1st - 2nd Nov 2019

Harry

It's soon coming up to the annual Drayton Manor Firework's Spectacular display. Will you be attending?

This thread for any photos, information and etc for the set up and during the event.

Feel free to post in this thread

73504647_10157024968832669_7726869460853719040_n.jpg

The park must have been quiet on the Sunday for them to cut it down to 2 days only. We went on the Friday last year and as soon as the fireworks finished everyone just started to leave. They also cut the ride closing time to 20:30

The park put on a great event for the Fireworks yesterday.

They had roaming actors - two astronauts and some characters from Star Wars who were outside the Castle of Dreams for most of the day, they also did performances on the Imagination Stage.

A VR Rollercoaster was installed near the Burger Kitchen which seemed popular with the guest. Not sure if this was an upcharge attraction or not.

The display was amazing with lots of narrated audio to tell the story and 23 minutes of Fireworks. Easily the best fireworks event overall that the park have offered, in my opinion.

The fireworks were amazing. We only got there about 6 after work had some fish and chips and watched the fireworks. Whoever they get to do there displays really do a great job.

We’re going back today with our little boy for the last day of the main season and to watch the fireworks again. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

I be going tonight and if the rain stays off I take my daughter also. Gonna get there around 6 when stay to the crowd goes down.
Fantastic Fireworks is the company that has done Drayton Manors fireworks.
I loved the 2010 fireworks show.

I’m there today and I’m looking forward to the fireworks! The rain has been quite hit and miss so far but for now it’s holding up. Hopefully it will hold off for the fireworks later.

Good to see the park busy and doing well.
How long did it take to get out last night? Just wondering if it’s worth having a pint at ride close
Last night it took us about 10 minutes to get out. Tonight was much worse it took us 50 mins to get out of the park. It was a little chaotic until security started directing traffic.
Fireworks were great again though and it was crazy busy which is good for the park.

Been going to each fireworks display since 2002 I think this is 1 of the poorest they have put on. Like the fireworks itself was great and they were full on for the whole 20 odd mins but the music choice at times didn’t go with the fireworks and the lasers and fire effects were missing. Hope they go all out for the parks 70th

Been going to each fireworks display since 2002 I think this is 1 of the poorest they have put on. Like the fireworks itself was great and they were full on for the whole 20 odd mins but the music choice at times didn’t go with the fireworks and the lasers and fire effects were missing. Hope they go all out for the parks 70th
I’d forgotten about the lasers. I though the moon they had was quite effective though!

It was a great bit of fun at the end of the day, even if it wasn't the best display in the world. I'm no pyrotechnic, but in layman's terms I thought it was pretty well done from Fantastic Fireworks (I believe that's the one right?) with some very unusual fireworks and was very synced in with the music. Sure, it could of been grander, but it was a good display with a variety of music and some cool sound effects in between. I think the best display by far was the War of the World's display back in 2015 with the original music score though :)

Now going yesterday I only decided to go cause it wasn’t raining in the afternoon but felt ripped off as I paid £32.50 (£17.50 for me and £15 for my daughter) and with the food and sweets came to roughly £50.
Now the fireworks themselves were excellent and think Drayton decided to go all out on the budget on fireworks as for lighting it was poor with 2 lights flashing each side of the lake and a laser which was pointless putting up in the sky 90% of the time it only worked best during the Lewis Hamilton bit. The music choices was poor was mainly hits from the last couple of years. There was no real theme and gutted they used no fire.
Also been to many of Drayton’s firework events it had a theme and had street entertainment but they added nothing different to the Halloween event with just 2 blokes juggling before the fireworks.
Afterwards they took ages to get the rides back open and we queued for Accelerator they let us in about 7.30 but they turned to test it but was having problems with the lift hill so didn’t open for the rest of the night then did the haunting and by the time we got off we did sit down Apocalypse and with 5 mins left we ran to Maelstrom and they had already closed the queue line. I felt they could have made pass holders pay £5 for the fireworks.

Reactions: Dan
Back