UK Theme Park Maintenance

I think it’s the park’s biggest mistake G force with no positives for the ride. I last went on it in 2017 and I think I pulled something as was in pain for a week. It could be a station building for the rumoured kids track ride. It maybe a temporary shop as the flood did more damage than we thought to the sweet and toy shop
It’s defiantly a marmite ride. It will be interesting to see if the new owners make any improvements.

One of the things I always thought was disappointing was the complete absence of theming. A Tesla coil (although cool) a projector and free radio doesn’t really constitute a theme. They would have been better giving it some sort of backstory similar to oblivion. I also think the building was depressing. It could have been brighter or have accents to make it stand out. It just looked like some sort of warehouse with a roller coaster next to it.

Think the budget went on the coaster and the building was just a basic warehouse design with a temporary staircase inside. The lights in there were cheap and they inside the indoor play area now with the others added to the 4D cinema I think. The best thing was the sound system as that was good and the original music was excellent with the graphics.
I wonder if the train line been updated as that needs fencing off also.

I think it’s the park’s biggest mistake G force with no positives for the ride. I last went on it in 2017 and I think I pulled something as was in pain for a week. It could be a station building for the rumoured kids track ride. It maybe a temporary shop as the flood did more damage than we thought to the sweet and toy shop
Maybe but they might do a professor blast's ride like at Paultons Park. I'd personally like to see a family trackless dark ride like Symbolica at Efteling but lack of space do hopefully on the site of PA and Excalibur. Still there's a seaside area available from the rumours but who knows.

I completely agree with this sentiment. If you think about it, Drayton Manor were on somewhat of a success cycle before G Force was installed with Pirate Adventure, Splash Canyon, Shockwave, Klondike Coaster, The Haunting, Stormforce 10, Golden Nuggets, Apocalypse, Maelstrom, Excalibur and Pandemonium being installed with success and being reknown to this day, operating or not. If I remember correctly, G Force was controversial from the moment it opened and was vastly underthemed compared to other rides which rode the success wave. I think the way things worked was that the profit from one ride led to the profit of the next, and maybe G Force made less profit and broke the cycle, which I imagine is hard to get going once again.

It is definitely clear that themed experiences do well at Drayton Manor, especially given how very little in the UK is that well themed, especially for family rides. With Drayton seemingly going down the route of family, I'd like to see some themed family experience. The park seem to have learnt to maintain theming with them doing stellar jobs on Sheriff's Showdown, The Haunting, etc. in recent years. It's a shame Pirate Adventure fell outside of this window.

They wanted a launch coaster and it was gonna be called barnstormer but got G-Force at the last minute as the tea cups and the gold mine didn’t close to after the fireworks event 2004. They did a guest survey in 2005 to ask what the most missed rides were in the park and the top 2 were the tea cups and the pirate ship which they replaced in 2006 with the drunken barrels and 2007 with the Bounty and the following 2 years they added Thomas land and the 4D cinema. I think the hotel been the biggest problem as since they installed that the main park only seen air race added with just ride improvements and rides removed since.

They wanted a launch coaster and it was gonna be called barnstormer but got G-Force at the last minute as the tea cups and the gold mine didn’t close to after the fireworks event 2004. They did a guest survey in 2005 to ask what the most missed rides were in the park and the top 2 were the tea cups and the pirate ship which they replaced in 2006 with the drunken barrels and 2007 with the Bounty and the following 2 years they added Thomas land and the 4D cinema. I think the hotel been the biggest problem as since they installed that the main park only seen air race added with just ride improvements and rides removed since.
I wish we could have got a launch as we don't even have that stupid X-Pain coaster now thankfully but it definitely won't be replaced by a new thrill rollercoaster.

What is with the parks available been so poor on busy days this season. Like today been sold out but 3 attractions were closed and 2 were for the older family members
Polperro has been closed for ages now. Not sure why, might be to do with Adventure Cove?

chrome_9NFEHuM9Zr.png

Back