I think VertiGO will be removed in the 2020 Winter season and I can see development on the G-force / Chairlift site. That's what's likely to happen.

Somewhat negative but I suspect prices will go up and what’s on offer going down. I can’t see any substantial development. ?

I really do hope that nothing else is removed from the park and hope this is the beginning of an exciting decade for Drayton. I do believe a good spinning coaster would be great for the park.

I think it would be good if they tried to build hype like Alton towers do with their secret weapon programmes. Drayton are pretty good with their media designs and all people see is rides disappearing, not something coming soon which may bring people back to the park.

I really do hope that nothing else is removed from the park and hope this is the beginning of an exciting decade for Drayton.
This. Removing a ride in the 70th season would be a low move to take, Drayton Manor has forever been known for its unique, risk taking rides - and the park was always packed full of rides, old and new. To define 70 years of Drayton Manor by removing a ride would be a bad move.

I hope that all of the removals are done now, sure it's not been great to see, but hopefully 2020 onward is an upward turn for the park!

I get the impression that a Zamperla spinning disk could be added in the chairlift / G-force space - but it would be too similar to maelstrom.
But it is one of the only flat rides they're missing.

But I would love to see a spinning coaster - or a coaster in the style of Steeplechase.

Drayton need to go back to there roots and offer world 1st rides or rides not available at other UK parks. I wonder if they could rent some flat rides then if there popular buy new/used rides and theme them well. Like if the rapids do not make a return then how about a traveling version like at West Midlands Safari Park

Drayton need to go back to there roots and offer world 1st rides or rides not available at other UK parks. I wonder if they could rent some flat rides then if there popular buy new/used rides and theme them well. Like if the rapids do not make a return then how about a traveling version like at West Midlands Safari Park

Sorta like a Fantasy Island approach

I think Drayton are just waiting to this court case is over to they know the fine costs and the costs to get Splash Canyon back up and running as it’s still listed as a attraction.
I wonder if the African bird Aviary will be the only new attraction this year? I think the tea rooms at the farm is maybe getting a refit if the seats have been moved to Thomas land.

I think Drayton are just waiting to this court case is over to they know the fine costs and the costs to get Splash Canyon back up and running as it’s still listed as a attraction.
I wonder if the African bird Aviary will be the only new attraction this year? I think the tea rooms at the farm is maybe getting a refit if the seats have been moved to Thomas land.
I agree, I think they're playing it safe. Like you say, even though the court case is over, they are still expecting a charge from H&S, I think they are saving so that they can cover that, anything left they can invest on existing infrastructure, with a new attraction or something coming next year. Hopefully something really good to kickstart after the 70th anniversary celebrations.

Hopefully we will see the African Aviary finished, and also see some work on the Penguin Enclosures and Lemur Houses this season - that would be nice to see.

But if you look at the company accounts. Drayton are still loosing money year on year hand over fist. Granted, yes they are slowly loosing less money each year. But the fact remains that the park is not making any money at all at the moment. They managed to reduce their losses year on year by about a million I believe according to the last financial accounts. But they are not making money yet.

So it is difficult to see where the money will come from for a new attraction. Especially one with any sort of substantial size. Obviously selling G force will provide a much needed cash injection. But that wont take them out the woods so to speak. But they are heading in the right direction and thats crucial. If they remain heading in the direction they are now. They can stay away from bankruptcy. Which even now isnt totally out the realms of possibility for the park.

Last edited:
I doubt they will get much for G force. Certainly not enough to buy a new coaster. Family attractions are where they are heading. Cheaper to buy, cheaper to run. The accounts is an interesting one. Yes, I read them the same way... Still in debt, still losing money (just less than before). They also agreed a 'repayment holiday' with one of the banks so some of the 'lesser loss' is because they didnt have to repay. This will need to be paid soon.

The most telling thing is how they so far have not built or announced any new ride for 2020. It is the 70th year and should be a big celebration, but at present there is nothing new to entice me back.

They also agreed a 'repayment holiday' with one of the banks so some of the 'lesser loss' is because they didnt have to repay. This will need to be paid soon.

The repayment holiday runs out this year [2020] so this is Drayton's last year, that said the park did pay 100k in debt repayments the 2018 season with the 2019 season unknown as the accounts are not yet available. I feel they are running too close to the wire and will certainly need a new ride by at least the 2022 season to open or else they will be heading for a downwards spiral due to no new investments. Sadly the general public are starting to notice with comments on social media more and more which is becoming bad PR for the park.

I can see where the normal general public is coming from as if nothing new is added this season in the main park in the past 5 seasons they only spend £250000 on James and the red balloon but as fans of the park they done.
2016 Haunting retheme and the monkey walk thou
2017 James and the red balloon ride and work on Stormforce 10 and the bumper cars and Ben 10 retheme.
2018 Golden Nuggets retheme and Ice age 4D and test track
2019 More work around the zoo and buffalo repainted and pirate adventure building been painted on the front.
2020 more work on buffalo and adding photos and work on g force site and in the zoo.

Back