I'm hoping the 70th anniversary celebration has something amazing to bring in the visitors this year.

Then 2021 something new has to hit the park (which isnt a HB leisure or temporary season based attraction)

I'm hoping the 70th anniversary celebration has something amazing to bring in the visitors this year.

Then 2021 something new has to hit the park (which isnt a HB leisure or temporary season based attraction)

I think they could use the 70th Anniversary to their advantage. If they're celebrating or doing events to celebrate, it'll likely get people through the doors into the park. If they then put teasers and flyers up around the park for a new investment coming in 2021 they can build hype and get more people through the door for their new investment, which will in turn have a cyclic effect and mean they have more disposable income for more investments. All they need is one very very successful investment to make them money, then they can get back to the yearly additions and the success they've had in the past.

I think they need to do something similar to Alton towers and build hype for the new rides. At least people will see they’re doing something then and may be curious enough for a return visit. The secret weapon programmes at towers are usually pretty effective.

After the flooding, they really need to use this year.
Get as many events and celebrations ongoing and make a big publicity campaign in order to spread awareness of the celebration.

I'm really hoping they can do something great - but the details are scarce and looks like it will only be a two day celebration.
Perhaps multiple celebration events across the year would be beneficial (as those two days may become rather busy)

After the flooding, they really need to use this year.
Get as many events and celebrations ongoing and make a big publicity campaign in order to spread awareness of the celebration.

I'm really hoping they can do something great - but the details are scarce and looks like it will only be a two day celebration.
Perhaps multiple celebration events across the year would be beneficial (as those two days may become rather busy)

It’s the start of the Easter holidays so if the weather good I can see it been busy but been a annual pass holder you can enjoy the entertainment that hopefully will be put on.

I'd really love to see some themed-style events added to the park's calendar. Alton Towers have had great publicity with their "Oktoberfest" event, something like that would be great for Drayton Manor given the family clientele they attract, and the fact that this could serve as education to teach younger visitors about different cultures. Themed music, cultural food and entertainment would be all that's needed - and it'd give the triangles near The Buffalo some sort of use.

Although the floods were incredibly sad to see, I think it's good that the park have shared updates in the form of images and videos from this across their social media - I think it will draw more people to the park to support them, and also inform more people about the park from it being shown on the news, etc. I think although the floods were sad, we'll see lots of small renovations across the park this year, to set a good base product for the 2021 season where hopefully the park can get back onto that success cycle as a family park, like they always were.

The 70th anniversary season hasn't technically started yet but we're already seeing indicators that this could be widely celebrated with 70th anniversary flags flying outside the Humble Pies and at the front of the park - I think some good events, as well as the improved entertainment will make this season successful. Hopefully some good renovations and minor issue fixes will help make the park look a little fresher and set the tone for a successful 2020 season. I think if this season is successful, Drayton could hopefully be in a position to make big changes for 2021 - I'd like to see a whole family area, use the existing thrill rides and add some others to make a total family area.

Construction 1.jpeg
Construction 2.jpeg

I used the main entrance toilets today (they don't seem to open the shutter but just the walkway next to the parking machines) and as I was walking to the toilets the black fencing that used to be in this area behind the wall has been ripped down, leaving it quite obvious that work is taking place here. I wonder what this is for?

These pictures were literally taken from chest level, you can see right over the wall as there is no black fencing blocking this off any more.

View attachment 1445View attachment 1446

I used the main entrance toilets today (they don't seem to open the shutter but just the walkway next to the parking machines) and as I was walking to the toilets the black fencing that used to be in this area behind the wall has been ripped down, leaving it quite obvious that work is taking place here. I wonder what this is for?

These pictures were literally taken from chest level, you can see right over the wall as there is no black fencing blocking this off any more.
That’s interesting. I wonder what they’re doing. They’re interesting as I never actually entered Thomas land when the blue
Mountain engines were there.

Reactions: Dan
I have no idea and who knows what the manufacturer could be even though Drayton like zamperla!!! If anyone else can think of other rides then that would be impressive considering there are 20 rides in Thomas Land
It’s a small space and they do have many of the popular family rides anyway. I guess it could also be some other sort of attraction (splash area or similar). Just guessing though.

Back