In-Park Catering

I have to admit I was disappointed with the removal of all the meal deals and my son was disappointed that the kids pack was no more, so we ended up at safari pizza and pasta.

Value for money wise, it’s defiantly as good as it used to be.
My daughter don’t like Pasta or pizza if it’s not Sunday dinner she only eats chicken nuggets or fish fingers on the other hand my son eats anything. Hopefully if the suite reopens this year they offered a curries again

Having visited again today, we’ve opted for another healthy lunch of fish and chips ?

Quality of food is as good as ever but it now costs £8 just for a piece of fish, chips are extra.

For three of us it cost £33 and that was with discount.

We had 2 x fish and chips
1 x sausage and chips
3 sauces and 2 drinks.

the same used to come to about £20 with discount so the price increase is quite steep.

Having visited again today, we’ve opted for another healthy lunch of fish and chips ?

Quality of food is as good as ever but it now costs £8 just for a piece of fish, chips are extra.

For three of us it cost £33 and that was with discount.

We had 2 x fish and chips
1 x sausage and chips
3 sauces and 2 drinks.

the same used to come to about £20 with discount so the price increase is quite steep.
I had fish and chips the other day and too was shocked at the price increase.

I had fish and chips the other day and too was shocked at the price increase.
We went to sodor airport too to grab a cup of tea. They don’t appear to sell any healthier options anymore. They used to do a good selection of paninis and sandwiches but those have all gone.

it’s a shame as quite often we would come for lunch at the weekend and go on a couple of rides to support the park and it’s convenient for us as we live so close. But without any healthier options for lunch (pizza and chips are great on the odd occasion) it’s not going to be as practical for us.

We went to sodor airport too to grab a cup of tea. They don’t appear to sell any healthier options anymore. They used to do a good selection of paninis and sandwiches but those have all gone.

it’s a shame as quite often we would come for lunch at the weekend and go on a couple of rides to support the park and it’s convenient for us as we live so close.
I'm pretty much the same as you, our location means we can use the park and zoo differently. Always been impressed too with the value and quality of the in park catering (especially in comparison to other theme parks).

I'm reserving a bit of judgement as I think it would be understandable to limit ranges in the present climate to increase throughput and reduce COVID risk. It will be interesting to see whether this changes in the weeks and months ahead.

Tea cake and crisps was roughly £3.50 with my discount
6CA17609-8604-4B6A-9E21-3DBB24044211.jpeg

Think it’s to combat the lost with many guests taking lunches instead and buying just hot or cold drinks.
They have, we had 2 jacket potatoes, a hot dog and 3 cold drinks yesterday.

Previously with discount this used to come in around the £14-15 mark, yesterday it was around £21 which is a substantial increase.

I have noticed both this year and last that far more people bring food from outside.

I went a couple of weeks ago and noticed food and drink seemed more expensive. My issue on my visit though was how slow the service was, we went to burger kitchen and to one of the kiosks. We queued longer for food than we did for any of the rides we went on and it wasn’t because the queues were long it was because the queue wasn’t moving. It was painful but we didn’t bring our own food so had to get lunch. Hopefully it was just a bad day or they work on this because we wasted a lot of time that could have been spent on rides.

I went a couple of weeks ago and noticed food and drink seemed more expensive. My issue on my visit though was how slow the service was, we went to burger kitchen and to one of the kiosks. We queued longer for food than we did for any of the rides we went on and it wasn’t because the queues were long it was because the queue wasn’t moving. It was painful but we didn’t bring our own food so had to get lunch. Hopefully it was just a bad day or they work on this because we wasted a lot of time that could have been spent on rides.
The queues at some of the outlets are horrendous.

We queued at the chicken diner for about 45 mins as there was only 1 till operating, the lakeside teashop can be equally bad.

I've found Mrs Kyndleys and the Safari Pizza are the quickest places to get served,

I’ll have to remember that particularly about Safari Pizza. I wanted to go there this time but we ended up at the burger place. Luckily got there just before the queues got really bad but we were still waiting a while. Then we queued 40 minutes for donuts, which I regret a lot.

I think the prices and many bringing food has forced Drayton to reduce its offering. Like today it was very busy but the gift shop, cafe next door, ice cream booth outside test track, booth in the zoo, Safari restaurant, Chicken Diner was all closed so the queues were big outside fun foods and the tea shop.

I think the prices and many bringing food has forced Drayton to reduce its offering. Like today it was very busy but the gift shop, cafe next door, ice cream booth outside test track, booth in the zoo, Safari restaurant, Chicken Diner was all closed so the queues were big outside fun foods and the tea shop.
That's true, but perhaps that's a reason to reduce prices and expand their offering if anything.

Well with going to Drayton Manor for the fireworks my daughter ate lunch at home. For dinner as the chicken diner was closed went to the burger kitchen OMG I ordered:
1 kids cheese burger £3.25
1 standard cheese burger £6.50
2 standard fries £4.80
1 ketchup 35p
Even with my discount of £1.49 I paid £13.41
Last Week went to Alton Towers Burger kitchen. We ordered:
1 hot and spicy chicken burger
5 chicken nuggets
2 regular fries
2 regular soft drinks
Unlimited free sauce
No discount £13.50

Forgot to add photos
460B9CF2-7D8D-4832-9272-EDF7491B3931.jpeg
FEB1B577-B913-4064-91F3-93A342F8D4A4.jpeg

Now my burger was better than the burger I had at Alton Towers last week but was no way worth £6.50 when you think the price to make it was maybe £1.50 to £2 max with the fries been no more than £1.
Like on Friday as the traffic was bad coming back off holiday so went to McDonald’s for the kids and my daughter got 5 chicken nuggets, small fries, small coke and my son got 3 fish fingers, small fries, fruit shoot and both got a mr men toy for £2.99 each (£5.98) so goes to show how much profit theme parks are making on food.

Back