Coronavirus and Theme Parks

Is anyone going today for what I'd say is the proper opening of the rest of the major rides? If so can you let us know what it's like in other rides such as Shockwave social distancing, more photos of G Force site etc.

Is anyone going today for what I'd say is the proper opening of the rest of the major rides? If so can you let us know what it's like in other rides such as Shockwave social distancing, more photos of G Force site etc.
Drayton Manor have recently made the decision to close Shockwave until closed further notice.

I was there today. It was much busier. As others have mentioned shockwave was closed but other rides were operating.

There was a bit more resistance to the virtual queuing today with a number of people in the queue unfairly giving the staff grief because they thought you just joined the virtual queue and then joined the actual queue straight away.

We went on both the polporro express and the buffalo of the rides that have only just opened and both worked fine. If anything queuing for the buffalo was quicker even at half capacity (although they have all the cars back on it now)

• Thomas Land with 17 rides and attractions. Click here for details. On occasion, Thomas Land will have a controlled entrance and Sodor Railway will operate a one way system.
  • Carousel
  • Jolly Buccaneer
  • Accelerator (face coverings must be worn whilst queueing)
  • Flying Dutchman
  • 15 acre Zoo (face coverings must be worn in our Reptile House, Tiger House and Jewels of Oz)
  • The Bounty Pirate Ship (face coverings must be worn)
  • Maelstrom (face coverings must be worn)
  • Air Race (face coverings must be worn)
  • Polperro Express
  • Buffalo Coaster
  • Pandemonium (face coverings must be worn)
  • Apocalypse (face coverings must be worn)
  • Shockwave (face coverings must be worn)
  • Drunken Barrels (face coverings must be worn whilst queueing)
  • Sheriff's Showdown (face coverings must be worn whilst queueing)
  • Stormforce 10 (face coverings must be worn whilst queueing)
  • Bryan's Works Museum (face coverings must be worn)
  • Thomas & Friends Exhibition (face coverings must be worn) I see Drayton Updated there rules again

It’s a very busy day we joined the back of the queue just for the temperature check by the side of the troublesome trucks.
8F5905DA-0C23-4FB3-86A6-CBB7B52A375E.jpeg
6BE96204-8373-41B1-8EC2-C628D8C485AF.jpeg
DC675388-4F19-4925-BC32-116EB88BD55C.jpeg
135E9218-C2E8-4803-B597-8E91A520C8E6.jpeg

Staff was very good and within 10 mins we were into the park

I don't really see how Drayton would be able to open the zoo on it's own. Drayton doesn't really have the infrastructure for that... there are no main entrances close enough to the zoo which would allow guests to access it without walking through the park first. Would be cool though.

13 years ago I parked in the top car park and went thought the top entrance. I should of paid but it was all open as it was staff training weekend. Before Thomasland the Zoo was open 363 days a year with them only closed on Christmas Day and Boxing Day

Well the government have said all outdoor leisure places can reopen after the 12th April if death and infection rates have dropped even more in the 5 weeks the kids have gone back to school.
I wonder if it will be just Thomas land to start with as kids will be going back to school the following week.

I should think that all of the park excluding a few attractions like the 4d cinema and the haunting will be closed i think

It depends on staff training and bringing them back from furlough as last year Thomasland and select rides only opened on the 4th July with the rest of the outdoor attractions opening 2 weeks later. I wonder how inside queue lines attractions like Shockwave and stormforce 10 will work

I wonder now the government has put back the last restrictions to at least the 19th July will Drayton’s remaining closed attractions be pushed back as well?
the 21st of June has been taken off of the 4d cinema and it says opening summer 2021 but the rest still say 21st of June at the moment

Back