Cyclone

Opened in 2003 the same year Excalibur opened. Some people say this was a covering for Excalibur in 2003 when that was having issues, but others say it was planned all along. Removed in 2005 and relocated to Thorpe Park to replace their Enterprise which had had an accident in 2004 where the gondola had become detached from the vehicke. Still currently operates at Thorpe Park though apparently it can be quite unreliable. Your opinions on this ride?

Reactions: Dan
I heard Cyclone was planned for the 2004 season but cause of the problems with Excalibur they had it installed for the summer season instead.
I really enjoyed the ride and it went round more times then Enterprise did at Alton Towers.
It was very popular ride at Drayton but the noise from this and pandemonium from guests was to much for the local neighbourhood so Lichfield council forced the park to remove it at the end of the 2005 season with any replacement put into a building.

I heard Cyclone was planned for the 2004 season but cause of the problems with Excalibur they had it installed for the summer season instead.
I really enjoyed the ride and it went round more times then Enterprise did at Alton Towers.
It was very popular ride at Drayton but the noise from this and pandemonium from guests was to much for the local neighbourhood so Lichfield council forced the park to remove it at the end of the 2005 season with any replacement put into a building.
And that replacement was Drunken Barrels which is quite a good replacement to be fair!!!

Back