Most missed ride?

Drayton have had a lot of flat rides over the years and my favourite was the Octopus ride. It was a very enjoyable ride which forced you into the sides of the carts as it spun. Was gutted it was removed in 1997 and replaced by a spinning balloon ride ( The same model James and the red balloon is)

I will tell you what i miss the most, i miss the sombreros for some reason
It was better when it worked to its maximum speed and lift.
like in this picture
FC400E42-F419-4567-9732-2911FD1ED375.jpeg

This is at its full height and speed but in its final few seasons the lifting arm was broke so only went round and up and down
842C34DB-2A84-4B88-9F6E-AA439E429631.jpeg

Its surprising how much space the ride took up as the station,Queue line and most of the track fits on the same area with just the launch and the start of the backwards bit taking over the bandstand area.

like in this picture
View attachment 2367
This is at its full height and speed but in its final few seasons the lifting arm was broke so only went round and up and down
View attachment 2368
Its surprising how much space the ride took up as the station,Queue line and most of the track fits on the same area with just the launch and the start of the backwards bit taking over the bandstand area.
I still find it amazing how they managed to fit accelerator or Ben ten on the former site.

like in this picture
View attachment 2367
View attachment 2368
Such a great ride that I remember so fondly. What restraints did Sombrero use, and where did it go?

Mine is pirate adventure in Drayton it's self and I know this isn't a ride but a display in Thomas land but I miss the old James and the red ballon display

Back