Old Photos From The 2000s

Earlier I was looking through the Drayton Manor thread on TowersStreet Talk, and came across a link which leads to some old(ish) photographs from the park during the 2000s by CoasterMadMatt. It’s great to see some high-quality photos from this time - the time which Drayton Manor slowly transitioned from the thrill park of the 90s and 00s, into the family friendly one we see today.

There’s also some comedy-like Halloween theming (from what I believe the mid 2000s) within the album, some of which are funny, others plain awful - but good to see. A personal favourite is that queue jumping jail photo point, which would work in some theme parks today...

Here’s that link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/coastermadmatt/albums/72157622567883744

Before Forums really took off I use to follow a site call UDMP and they were very good at updates of rides from the late 90s up to I think 2004 when most people had a camera phone. I wish I had photo bucket in 2004 as a lot of my pictures got lost when I updated my pc and had phone upgrades.

I’ve been trying to get a link to the Unofficial Drayton Manor Park Site here, however none seem to work. The only working link I can find is the one I was sent on Twitter and that’s not working here. You’ll be able to find it if you look through the replies on my #DraytonManor70 tweet for Klondike Gold Mine.

It’s an amazing website, and something worth looking at.

Last edited:
Back