Zoo Shop?

Would you like to see a Zoo Shop at Drayton Manor?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Anth0ny

Would anybody else be interested in seeing a Zoo Shop?

Other Zoos have shops such as Twycross, Dudley, Chester Zoos and West Midlands Safari Park have shops which I imagine are hugely profitable, given the prices of items there. Some postcards with pictures of the animals, professional framed images of the animals, cuddly toys and the such would do great I imagine!

It would also be great to see an area dedicated to Zoo Experiences to get these retailed a little more, especially since those at places like Chessington do so well but those at Drayton don't seem to be known about all that much, and they're better value! I'd also love to see things like Animal Adoption and things retailed in this shop.

Who would be interested or feels a Zoo Shop would do Drayton Manor well?

Would anybody else be interested in seeing a Zoo Shop?

Other Zoos have shops such as Twycross, Dudley, Chester Zoos and West Midlands Safari Park have shops which I imagine are hugely profitable, given the prices of items there. Some postcards with pictures of the animals, professional framed images of the animals, cuddly toys and the such would do great I imagine!

It would also be great to see an area dedicated to Zoo Experiences to get these retailed a little more, especially since those at places like Chessington do so well but those at Drayton don't seem to be known about all that much, and they're better value! I'd also love to see things like Animal Adoption and things retailed in this shop.

Who would be interested or feels a Zoo Shop would do Drayton Manor well?
I would like to see one as long as they sold branded zoo merch, not just random merch you can pick up from any old zoo.

They did have a big shop years ago it was in the greenhouse to the right of the main entrance I went in there many times and it was never busy. It’s just used for storage now. Think in its final days it was a garden centre and you could buy the flowers and trees featured around the park.

They did have a big shop years ago it was in the greenhouse to the right of the main entrance I went in there many times and it was never busy. It’s just used for storage now. Think in its final days it was a garden centre and you could buy the flowers and trees featured around the park.
That’s correct it what a garden centre. Can’t remember when it closed but I remember the sign pointing towards is.

From what I remember from talking to someone in the zoo, zoo merch and adoptions are in the pipeline, just takes time like everything does

I think the adoptions thing is still in place now and you get to pick a animal to adopt and with the cost you get a certificate and regularly letters off your animal. I think you also may get the chance to help get there food ready and clean there home.

I think they should open up the zoo plaza area add a shop,cafe/ice cream booth and bring back the park area.
That’s 1 thing Drayton missing now compared to in the 90’s as there was a kids park area opposite the haunting that was a metal climbing frame and swings.
They had animal themed kids area with Monkey themed swings with entertainment on a little stage area.

Back