What would you like to see in Pirate Adventure's building?

The ride in its final years was a very sorry state. To get it working again now it would need new pumps, new sections of trough, work done to the building, block sections added and evacuation points, more fire safety work, and then of course new theming and audio/lighting equipment. It would be a multi-million pound project. The boats are also in a sorry state after being left outside for years. Who knows what the state of the water filtration systems are too.

We’d all love for it to happen but sadly I don’t think it ever would.

I do think they only sold the items that after testing wouldn’t work. Like the pirates only the heads were sold off so the clothing and the frame must be still in the building as if you got to see the auction pictures many of the props in the background of pictures wasn’t sold. If they can get the rapids working after been left for 4 years now outside I’m sure with the ride system drained and been indoors I’m sure they could get the ride system working again and add u the extra safety measures with theming and screens and they could have a good dark ride again.
Let's hope so, I think with Looping group owning this is probably the best chance in a long time of PA or at least the ride system being brought back into use.

It's interesting that you could see the air gates had been left in place in the auction photos which suggests there had been some sort of plan for the building, otherwise surely all of this would have been ripped out with the props.

The ride in its final years was a very sorry state. To get it working again now it would need new pumps, new sections of trough, work done to the building, block sections added and evacuation points, more fire safety work, and then of course new theming and audio/lighting equipment. It would be a multi-million pound project. The boats are also in a sorry state after being left outside for years. Who knows what the state of the water filtration systems are too.

We’d all love for it to happen but sadly I don’t think it ever would.
Things I've been shown/told by people over winter about it
-The building is severely water damaged as it still hasn't been fully drained
-The trough and battle scene remains with the shell of the station and queue with stuff like air gates being left
-No idea what the actual ride system is like but I assume very little is left
-The show building is gutted except for the battle scene

Things I've been shown/told by people over winter about it
-The building is severely water damaged as it still hasn't been fully drained
-The trough and battle scene remains with the shell of the station and queue with stuff like air gates being left
-No idea what the actual ride system is like but I assume very little is left
-The show building is gutted except for the battle scene
Have u been inside the building?

I've heard that they are potentially repairing the roof over the battle scene. If they don't want the scene, why repair the roof with that scene still intact? It's pretty evident that they want to keep the showbuilding intact.

Would love to see a revamped Pirate Afventure, bit not as drastic as Piraten in Batavia.

Would be nice to see them recreate some of the old scenes using newer and safer materials while keeping the scene fresh and not a carbon copy.

Would love to see a revamped Pirate Afventure, bit not as drastic as Piraten in Batavia.
Wasn't Piraten completely rebuilt because of a fire (unless I'm thinking of a different one)?

It would be nice if they re-created some of the old themes, many of them are inspired by pirates of the Caribbean ride so I'm sure they could find more inspiration there for new material.

Wasn't Piraten completely rebuilt because of a fire (unless I'm thinking of a different one)?

It would be nice if they re-created some of the old themes, many of them are inspired by pirates of the Caribbean ride so I'm sure they could find more inspiration there for new material.
Yes it was. Mack also rebuilt the whole ride system. If they rebuilt Piraten in Bayavias ride system, I dont dee why they can't do the same with Pirate Adventures.

It would be nice to hear some of the old music come back. I believe all of it except the music after the drop is still intact somewhere.

If there's one thing for sure, we gotta see that Lady hitting that man with a broom come back XD.

Yes it was. Mack also rebuilt the whole ride system. If they rebuilt Piraten in Bayavias ride system, I dont dee why they can't do the same with Pirate Adventures.

It would be nice to hear some of the old music come back. I believe all of it except the music after the drop is still intact somewhere.

If there's one thing for sure, we gotta see that Lady hitting that man with a broom come back XD.
They definitely need to bring the music back, I can still hear the tune that played when you entered the queue line and up the ramp.

They definitely need to bring the music back, I can still hear the tune that played when you entered the queue line and up the ramp.
Fun cact about the queue. It was designed by Farmer Sudios, aka, the same peoplebthat themed Stormforce 10, Maelstrom, and Terror Tomb at Chessington!! Can't remember the music unfortunately was I was only 6 when I rode it, but I remember that weird smell, the screen before the drop, and those skeletons near the end. Loved it!!!

Fun cact about the queue. It was designed by Farmer Sudios, aka, the same peoplebthat themed Stormforce 10, Maelstrom, and Terror Tomb at Chessington!! Can't remember the music unfortunately was I was only 6 when I rode it, but I remember that weird smell, the screen before the drop, and those skeletons near the end. Loved it!!!
I didn't know it was by farmer studios, the theming was incredible though for Drayton Manor at the time. The weird smell was bromine for the water treatment as it used lake water.

I didn't know it was by farmer studios, the theming was incredible though for Drayton Manor at the time. The weird smell was bromine for the water treatment as it used lake water.
Tall about immersion XD!

The website here holds some photos taken inside the ride after 2019. It's really interesting to see how much remains still.

I think if a coaster replaces it, it should stay fully inside not go outside aswell as that ruins the immersion. The one at Bellewerde just went around the roof which I thought wasn't great immersion and then in the building it was really too fast to make use of the building so you couldn't really see anything except on the dark ride section at the beginning. I would rather a dark ride (ideally boat ride) over a coaster to make the most of the building. I think getting a good coaster to fit just inside that building wouldn't really work well since the building wasn't designed for it.

I think if a coaster replaces it, it should stay fully inside not go outside aswell as that ruins the immersion. The one at Bellewerde just went around the roof which I thought wasn't great immersion and then in the building it was really too fast to make use of the building so you couldn't really see anything except on the dark ride section at the beginning. I would rather a dark ride (ideally boat ride) over a coaster to make the most of the building. I think getting a good coaster to fit just inside that building wouldn't really work well since the building wasn't designed for it.
That's a really good point. It's really hard to get coaster dark rides to work unless you have slow paced sections in between drops to take in the scenery.

Huracan is great, but Los Piratas was far far superior. I think the park knew that the costs of running it and maintaining it were too high. It's a real shame. I've spoken to a few people in Belgium who view Los Piratas as a local gem just like how British people view Pirate Adventure. The ride still has a big fanbase over there, despite being closed for just on 10 years.

A coaster in the Pirate adventure building wouldn't work imo. I think it would set guests up for disappointment as some might expect bigger drops (which the building isn't tall enough for) and other might want to take in the scenery, which would be harder to achieve.

Last edited:
I'd love to see the building repurposed for another dark ride - Maybe pirate themed again as it would fit with the rest of that part of the park but that area as a whole could use some love.
I don't think we will see anything happen there any time soon unfortunately. But I would definately love to see it someday. </3
Still regret not taking a final ride a few years back.

I do think we will see looping group tackle that area. They’ve revitalised adventure cove, Thomas land doesn’t need much attention just the odd thing here and there, vikings is new , with the new coaster being added I think we will see a retheme or at least regeneration of the top of the park which will then leave the middle section. I think it’s definitely in the works especially with how much the skips are filling up with at the back of PA

I do think we will see looping group tackle that area. They’ve revitalised adventure cove, Thomas land doesn’t need much attention just the odd thing here and there, vikings is new , with the new coaster being added I think we will see a retheme or at least regeneration of the top of the park which will then leave the middle section. I think it’s definitely in the works especially with how much the skips are filling up with at the back of PA
Any idea what is going in the skips?

last time I saw there was ride harnesses for shockwave I believe however I’m going on Monday and the engine tours is always a must so I will try and see what’s visible and take pictures if I remember

Back