Stormforce 10

It would be great if they could improve the throughput of this attraction, in the hot summer months it is very popular. The ride is capable of a higher throughput but the park choose not to due to under investing in the ride. It is a shame, as it is one of the best in the UK. Something they should look at going forward, even more so with the projected visitor increase large investment years such as 2024 will bring.
It's the whole unreliability which for me is the issue.

You want to leave the wet rides late, but you can't really take that chance on SF10. You have to go on it whilst its actually working. More often than not in this past year when I've delayed a visit I've missed out altogether.

It's the whole unreliability which for me is the issue.

You want to leave the wet rides late, but you can't really take that chance on SF10. You have to go on it whilst its actually working. More often than not in this past year when I've delayed a visit I've missed out altogether.

Yea this is true, this goes into the park under investing in the ride, will all the boats sitting doing nothing and the pretty back control system the ride now uses. The original control system used to be much more reliable.

Or, is it because of staffing issues or actual breakdowns, or a mixture of both? I suspect the latter to be fair. The ride is quite staff heavy now, so it makes sense to sometimes sacrifice one of the big rides to keep a number of lower staffed rides running, especially on cooler days. But yeah, overall the ride is not too reliable either. It is a ride filled with a massive reliance on high tech electrical control equipment, back when the technology was in it's infancy. Kind of like how cars with a heavy reliance on electronics used to be pretty unreliable for the same reasons.

Yea this is true, this goes into the park under investing in the ride, will all the boats sitting doing nothing and the pretty back control system the ride now uses. The original control system used to be much more reliable.

Or, is it because of staffing issues or actual breakdowns, or a mixture of both? I suspect the latter to be fair. The ride is quite staff heavy now, so it makes sense to sometimes sacrifice one of the big rides to keep a number of lower staffed rides running, especially on cooler days. But yeah, overall the ride is not too reliable either. It is a ride filled with a massive reliance on high tech electrical control equipment, back when the technology was in it's infancy. Kind of like how cars with a heavy reliance on electronics used to be pretty unreliable for the same reasons.
I suppose you can look at it a number of ways, I think that if you consider that it is in many ways 3 distinct rides linked together then there is 3 times the numebr of things to go wrong. And you need everything to work on all parts or else you have to close.

It could well be staffing too. I don't like to knock the park as I think there are so many positives, but the info released as to ride availability is really poor. Especially during the day, if we are going to have rides on rotation they need to let folks know.

I find it highly unlikely that they craned people off the lift hill. They have safety catwalks next to the lift hills for the very reason of evacuations, in the event of a breakdown. The turntables can also be de clutched and moved into any position to make sure that they also line up properly with the catwalks. I am not saying it did not happen, but I find it extremely unlikely, it goes against so many HSE legislations too. I've seen many, many evacs on SF10 over the years, going all the way back to 1999, never once have I seen a crane involved.

It would be great if they could improve the throughput of this attraction, in the hot summer months it is very popular. The ride is capable of a higher throughput but the park choose not to due to under investing in the ride. It is a shame, as it is one of the best in the UK. Something they should look at going forward, even more so with the projected visitor increase large investment years such as 2024 will bring.
My story might not have been exact as I wasn't told it directly or didn't see it happen, instead one of my family members was and I listened in. It is more realistic they would have been taken down a catwalk instead.

Forgot to say Storm Force 10 is having more TLC and a new computer system installed so it will be more reliable and they can add more boats back on the system
19BA8E77-F562-42B2-B5E0-3EA61BE03832.jpeg
85976519-AD0C-4A0E-B228-05CD71298420.jpeg
079AA1C7-33BE-4308-BB6B-96848E2F2503.jpeg
F8BDC595-F362-4E7D-9537-0EB490ECC07C.jpeg

Has stormforce 10 opened today? It said it was opening in April. My birthday is on the 6th so i’m hoping it’s open for then. If anyone knows when it will be open i will appreciate it. :)

Has stormforce 10 opened today? It said it was opening in April. My birthday is on the 6th so i’m hoping it’s open for then. If anyone knows when it will be open i will appreciate it. :)
Closed today on the website along with Maelstrom

But will probably be up by the 6th if I had to guess

1712321407223.png

The icon has been changed on the website so could it mean its still opening in April or will it be opening later?

View attachment 5944
The icon has been changed on the website so could it mean its still opening in April or will it be opening later?
Could be either or.
Personally, reading that, I think it will be at some point in April - changed from "opening april" as that may have had people thinking it would be open by now.

Hopefully in the next week or two.

Stormforce Ten has been testing all day! It was so sunny today, there were crowds of people waiting for the boats to come down at the start of the ride so everyone could get soaked.

Back