Stormforce 10

Just noticed Drayton Manor updated there rides section on the website and Stormforce 10 minimum height for the ride is now 1.3m tall that’s the 3rd time the park put up the minimum heights on rides as in 2017 buffalo was 0.9m tall now 1.05m tall and Drunken barrels was 0.9m now 1.1m. My daughter gonna be gutted if the park open in the summer and it’s a hot day.

Just noticed Drayton Manor updated there rides section on the website and Stormforce 10 minimum height for the ride is now 1.3m tall that’s the 3rd time the park put up the minimum heights on rides as in 2017 buffalo was 0.9m tall now 1.05m tall and Drunken barrels was 0.9m now 1.1m. My daughter gonna be gutted if the park open in the summer and it’s a hot day.
I can say, Drayton have made many safety improvements over the last few years including more voiceovers to inform guests and the adult riding rule for Stormforce 10, but I'm a bit surprised they put the height restrictions up and I feel sorry for your daughter Andy as she'll have to wait another couple of seasons probably. Luckily for me, height restrictions don't affect me because I'm 6ft 3in except for the fact that I'm not allowed on some of the Thomas Land rides anymore!!!

Reactions: Dan
Oh wow, that's mad. Stick to Valhalla with accompanied 117cm and 132cm unaccompanied.

1.3m is OTT :cautious:

Oh wow, that's mad. Stick to Valhalla with accompanied 117cm and 132cm unaccompanied.

1.3m is OTT :cautious:
Valhalla's having a few adjustments though so it may be having a new accompany restriction probably? But I'm not Mr Blackpool Pleasure Beach though I will follow the updates on it like I did my own for Stormforce 10 all 2017!!!

Reactions: Dan
Last year I found the height restrictions for the dogems to be odd, like fair enough on height restrictions but age restrictions as well was just weird! Like my Six year old was well above the height restriction and was going to share a dogem with me but was unable due to his age as he had to be seven even though I was accompanying him. Seemed odd to me! I just feel since the Incident in 2017 Drayton have gone a little over board on restrictions.

Last year I found the height restrictions for the dogems to be odd, like fair enough on height restrictions but age restrictions as well was just weird! Like my Six year old was well above the height restriction and was going to share a dogem with me but was unable due to his age as he had to be seven even though I was accompanying him. Seemed odd to me! I just feel since the Incident in 2017 Drayton have gone a little over board on restrictions.
It's true because last year they updated loads of tannoys and safety announcements on rides and this year it seems they're altering the height restrictions!! I mean they really don't want to get fined for they but it's a bit OTT!

My daughter got to wait to July to she’s old enough for the dodgems then she’s got another 6 years to she’s tall enough to drive them. Like on Stormforce 10 even when she gets to 1.3m tall again I still got to go with her on it to she’s 16 and in a couple of years time I be bringing my son along more so she will be missing out a lot more.

My daughter got to wait to July to she’s old enough for the dodgems then she’s got another 6 years to she’s tall enough to drive them. Like on Stormforce 10 even when she gets to 1.3m tall again I still got to go with her on it to she’s 16 and in a couple of years time I be bringing my son along more so she will be missing out a lot more.
Some height restrictions are outrageous though. If you check out Lightwater Valley's website, you have to be 1.4m to go on their pirate ship which is unheard of!!!

That’s disappointing. I was hoping to take my son on it this year. Does sf10 have seatbelts yet?

Has anyone been on the log flume in IOA in Orlando that had pull down lap bars.
IOA? I’ve been on one a knots berry farm about 10 years ago that had pull down bars. I’ve always thought it’s strange that they’ve never introduced restraints for them over here, I can’t really see there’s any risk of them turning over given the small trough sizes and there is a risk of standing up or moving around.

Ahh ok. I’ve not done universal yet. Disney keep doing the 14 days for price of 7 so I always feel like I’d be losing out if we took time out for universal.

I suspect your right on cost, everything has a number...
I really need to visit Knott's Berry Farm once the situation is over!!

Back