Stormforce 10

I really need to visit Knott's Berry Farm once the situation is over!!
It’s worth it. They have some good coasters including ghostrider woody, which is awesome aside from the immense pain it inflicts during the 3 minute ride (it’s not smooth). I visited a long time ago as a kid and it was more family oriented and a working jam farm. I believe they still have the farm but now there are far more thrill rides.

Anaheim is a good location to stop as Disneyland is in walking distance And knots a short car/bus journey. Universal Hollywood is about an hour drive away.

It’s worth it. They have some good coasters including ghostrider woody, which is awesome aside from the immense pain it inflicts during the 3 minute ride (it’s not smooth). I visited a long time ago as a kid and it was more family oriented and a working jam farm. I believe they still have the farm but now there are far more thrill rides.

Anaheim is a good location to stop as Disneyland is in walking distance And knots a short car/bus journey. Universal Hollywood is about an hour drive away.
I know Xccelerator is good!!

Hi there, just a reminder to keep the discussion to all things related to Stormforce 10 within this thread! Thanks!

So that you can discuss things like Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, theme parks, and stuff outside of theme parks (films, hobbies, whatever), be rest assured that we are now working on creating a 'non DMP' section so that you can discuss miscellaneous topics too.
Kam

Hi there, just a reminder to keep the discussion to all things related to Stormforce 10 within this thread! Thanks!

So that you can discuss things like Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, theme parks, and stuff outside of theme parks (films, hobbies, whatever), be rest assured that we are now working on creating a 'non DMP' section so that you can discuss miscellaneous topics too.
Kam
Sorry Kam. It did get deviated there. Anyone know any progress on the waterfalls??

I think they need to bring it back to how it was in 1999 with all effects working including the fisherman in the queue and the bloke launching the boats at the top. The water falls need a good clean also and repaint.
The trough after the first drop and the waterfalls definitely need a repaint. The fisherman who's knitting definitely needs fixing. Also, I'd like to see a bit more theming in that section just before the final lift hill indoors!!!

The trough after the first drop and the waterfalls definitely need a repaint. The fisherman who's knitting definitely needs fixing. Also, I'd like to see a bit more theming in that section just before the final lift hill indoors!!!
Stormforce 10 has a whole list of effects that need fixing, the Fisherman Animatronic, Smoke Machines, Sirens amongst so much more. I'd love to see the park restore the effects on this ride to make what is an impressive ride even more impressive.

Also, the building needs a repaint desperately, as does the trough. The whole ride would look newer if they gave it a lick of paint.

So many effects from the original 1999 installation that no longer work, and have not been seen to in well over 10-15 years. How disappointing. Stormforce 10 has such brilliant potential, because if it has that bit more, I think people will see it for more of an experience driven ride than simply a normal "log flume".

I loved the smoke machine effect in the turn table area but filling it up was the problem and it needed regular maintenance so think that effect was gone by 2000. When did the lifeguard stop working? When was the fisherman changed and last worked?
The lifeguard stopped working back in 2009 I believe and then it worked or a bit after 2011 but then it broke again so I don't think they've bothered to fix ever since!

Has anyone ever been to Phantasialand? If so, I think you'll all agree that Drayton could learn quite a bit from Phantasialand with their world class Log Flume ride which is Chiapas!

Today’s Stormforce 10’s 21st anniversary, Drayton Manor’s last major ride of the 20th century was opened by Steps on April 29th 1999. Taking the place of the park’s old Log Flume, it’s now the only major water ride at the park operating, with Splash Canyon and Pirate Adventure standing but not operating.

For many years it had fitting sponsorship with the RNLI, and there’s still some references to it hidden away in the queue line if you look closely. I’d say it’s one of the best rides at Drayton to get photos of; with the Polperro Express running under and next to it, and with it having a splashdown on the lake (as seen in the tweet above) - it’s very easy to see and recognise.

I just wish you didn’t get so wet and the only days it’s not got a queue is when it’s cold and wet anyway. It was a big miss in 2017 with just the 2 Thomas land rides been available to cool down on a hot day.
I did them a joke because of Stormforce 10 being down ( just like people doing Rugrats at Blackpool because Valhallas shut) and I didn't get wet at all. It was the one day where I didn't need to bring a change of clothes to Drayton!

Spoke to ride management yesterday and they said it may reopen next month cause the government have said pools can reopen. There a cherry picker onsite so this could be to put the boats back on the circuit
D3B98B31-B057-4B7D-ACC1-554264F7E1FC.jpeg

My daughter was so gutted yesterday seeing Stormforce 10 open and when we got to the entrance was met by this sign
B91DDB46-E598-465D-A23A-98953518F1C6.jpeg

Been a hot day and both Thomasland rides operating with no water and the water sprays removed around the park it was a uncomfortable day.
I asked the member of staff on the entrance why they raised the height of the ride to 1.3 and he didn’t have a clue.

I love Stormforce 10 but couldn’t go on it on my last visit as my children were too short with the new height restriction and I couldn’t justify getting in the long queue on my own. It’s a shame as they would have enjoyed it, 1.3m does seem a little excessive for a water ride. Are they being over cautious since the rapids accident?

Back