Drayton Manor Sold To The Looping Group

Ciaran

Team Member
Team Member
It has just been announced that Drayton Manor has been sold to The Looping Group, who also own West Midlands Safari Park. We are excited to see what will come out of this for the park. Updates will be posted here as they are announced.

I’m very glad to see that the park’s future has been secured, after some years of little investment in terms of new rides/ attractions. If the past few years at their other UK parks (Pleasurewood Hills and West Midlands Safari Park) are anything to go by, we could be looking at one of the best decades Drayton Manor has ever seen.

It’ll be interesting to see the future of the Zoo now that it’s under new ownership, as if it’s done to the standard of the animal enclosures at WMSP, then Drayton’s Zoo could become one of the best in the country. I could also see a refurbishment of the Dino Trail, as WMSP has a fantastic animatronic dinosaur area - Land Of The Living Dinosaurs.

In recent years Pleasurewood Hills has taken the approach of retheming existing attractions, such as The Rattlesnake turning into Egg-Spress and Timber Falls turning into Water Fun Factory. Whilst I doubt we’ll see rethemes like this for many of Drayton’s attractions (as lots of them have been refurbished in recent years), I wouldn’t mind if we did see a retheme or two for some of their rides.

Obviously I’m just guessing what may happen now Drayton Manor is under new ownership, as they’ll probably take a different approach to them places too. It’s an exciting time to be a fan of DMP, and I look forward to seeing how the park develops in the coming years!

I'm sure the new owners will listen to the public just like they did with Eggspress at Pleasurewood Hills. I can see exciting developments potentially taking place but the question is, what will be the marketing for the park now?

from what itv news says the bryan family will still be involved with the theme park as William bryan will be keeping his role as managing director the news site says the following :
"The acquisition of the park, with its 100+ rides and attractions, Europe’s only Thomas Land, a 15-acre conservation zoo and four-star hotel, will make it the largest and one of the flagships in the Looping Group’s portfolio, which also includes West Midlands Safari Park and Pleasurewood Hills in the UK. The theme park and zoo, which attracts over 1 million visitors each year, has also confirmed that it will continue to operate under the company name of Drayton Manor Resort Ltd. The Bryan family, who have owned and run Drayton Manor Park since it first opened to the public in 1950, will remain a key part of the management structure under the new ownership, with William Bryan retaining his role as managing director."

I can see some rides coming from the Saferi Park.
Think Kong Rethemed
Think there spinning mouse ride could work well

Both could fit on the G-Force/Chair lift site.

Back