If you invested...

Alex89

Let’s do something a little bit fun.

Lets say you had £10 mil to spend over 2 years to invest in the park. What would you do first?

Let’s try to keep this realistic baring in mind current demographic and target audience of the park and it’s future as a “family” park.

Everyone’s ideas are valid and there’s no such thing as a stupid suggestion (unless your installing a 14 loop gertslauer...)

Agree massive building wasted, get the old excailber ride or something similar on the lake also. Bring back some old ideas with new technology will be brilliant.
It is a complete waste the old Excalibur site. I’m sure they make a lot off the Santa vista but beyond that the lake isn’t used. Even if they added a ride behind it it would be an improvement. Maybe a jungle cruise style again, they could even have the queue from within the zoo to blend the zoo with the theme park.

2021 I would spend £3.5m on a new Pirate Adventure. It cost £3m to build in 1990 but that also included the cement, Ride and show building which is still in place. I would have scenes build but for less maintenance issues use projected mapping and screens more than moving pirates. Finish repainting and repair the building and finish off Pirate Cove.

2022 I spend 4 million on a new family coaster on the G force site with excellent theming maybe a spinning coaster or family launch coaster and I spend 1.5 million bringing Splash Canyon back.

I spend 1 million on the Zoo over the 2 years

2021 I would spend £3.5m on a new Pirate Adventure. It cost £3m to build in 1990 but that also included the cement, Ride and show building which is still in place. I would have scenes build but for less maintenance issues use projected mapping and screens more than moving pirates. Finish repainting and repair the building and finish off Pirate Cove.

2022 I spend 4 million on a new family coaster on the G force site with excellent theming maybe a spinning coaster or family launch coaster and I spend 1.5 million bringing Splash Canyon back.

Couldn't really say it any better myself.

Agreed!
2021: New Coaster
2022: Another new coaster- RMC
2023: Another new coaster- RMC
2024: Another new coaster- RMC
2025: Bankruptcy

Bring back pirate adventure with new modern tech.

Some flat rides aimed at older kids and adults.

Roller coaster on the old g force site. Not another family coaster but something compact along the lines of the runaway mine trucks. Again just something for the older kids and grown ups.

This question’s harder than it looks. £10million could bring a lot to any theme park. Here’s what I’d do...

1: Overhaul of Drayton Manor Zoo. The concept art on the fences towards the back of the Zoo look really smart - and could bring it up to standards of a lot of UK zoos/ safari parks. Not too sure how much it’d cost to bring the concepts to life, however I’d imagine it’d be no more than £2million, especially considering the infrastructure and animals are already there.

2: G-Force’s replacement. I’ve said this a few times on this forum, a Vekoma ‘Family Suspended’ coaster (the 400 model) would be a perfect, family-friendly addition to the park. With the track being suspended, you could probably fit a handful of smaller rides underneath it too. As for a theme, I’ve always said seagulls would be a good fit for the surrounding Fisherman’s Wharf. Not too sure on costs however, I’d imagine one that’d fit G-Force’s site wouldn’t cost more that £1.5-£3million? Yet again unless it’s an operational ride, I’m not sure on ride costs from manufacturers.

3: Pirate Adventure’s replacement. If I’m being realistic, I’m 99% sure Pirate Adventure (the 1990 dark ride) isn’t coming back. With the park selling lots of the ride’s props in January’s 70th Anniversary auction, and attempting to sell it’s boats, it’s clear that they can’t/ don’t want to operate the ride. An indoor area with rides is something I’ve thought would be good for Drayton, especially with them opening during Christmas and February Half Term - when it gets very cold at some points. Imagine if the Pirate Adventure warehouse was used as an indoor area, with 3-5 rides, a show, shop and cafe. I’m probably being way too optimistic, but surely something around the size of Fantasy Island’s Pyramid wouldn’t cost as much as you’d think. I’d think a Pirate theme would work, however we all know that the building’s located right next to a certain area that is very popular and often expanded on...

This question’s harder than it looks. £10million could bring a lot to any theme park. Here’s what I’d do...

1: Overhaul of Drayton Manor Zoo. The concept art on the fences towards the back of the Zoo look really smart - and could bring it up to standards of a lot of UK zoos/ safari parks. Not too sure how much it’d cost to bring the concepts to life, however I’d imagine it’d be no more than £2million, especially considering the infrastructure and animals are already there.

2: G-Force’s replacement. I’ve said this a few times on this forum, a Vekoma ‘Family Suspended’ coaster (the 400 model) would be a perfect, family-friendly addition to the park. With the track being suspended, you could probably fit a handful of smaller rides underneath it too. As for a theme, I’ve always said seagulls would be a good fit for the surrounding Fisherman’s Wharf. Not too sure on costs however, I’d imagine one that’d fit G-Force’s site wouldn’t cost more that £1.5-£3million? Yet again unless it’s an operational ride, I’m not sure on ride costs from manufacturers.

3: Pirate Adventure’s replacement. If I’m being realistic, I’m 99% sure Pirate Adventure (the 1990 dark ride) isn’t coming back. With the park selling lots of the ride’s props in January’s 70th Anniversary auction, and attempting to sell it’s boats, it’s clear that they can’t/ don’t want to operate the ride. An indoor area with rides is something I’ve thought would be good for Drayton, especially with them opening during Christmas and February Half Term - when it gets very cold at some points. Imagine if the Pirate Adventure warehouse was used as an indoor area, with 3-5 rides, a show, shop and cafe. I’m probably being way too optimistic, but surely something around the size of Fantasy Island’s Pyramid wouldn’t cost as much as you’d think. I’d think a Pirate theme would work, however we all know that the building’s located right next to a certain area that is very popular and often expanded on...
But with new owners in now and a lot of pleasure wood hills rides have been rethemed and rides reopened so u never know the ride itself may be used again

A complete zoo overhaul, increase reliability of current attractions as well as some much needed TLC on the park / rides.

As for new attractions I would invest in some new dark rides /rides with themes or stories.
I would step away from Thomasland as I feel that area has grown large enough and the family / older parts of the family need to be considered more - so perhaps another coaster too :)

Back