NEW Thomas Land Ride & 4D Cinema Film For 2021

A few days ago I stopped at a service station (not sure which one) and (as I always do) looked at the leaflet stand. Whilst looking I did see a 2020 one for Drayton Manor, which tells us that we could’ve seen a new ride in Thomas Land, and a new 4D Cinema film this year - had the lockdown not happened. I can only assume that these will now open in 2021, as we’ve heard nothing from the park regarding these, apart from in this leaflet.
image.jpg

LADY HATT’S TEA PARTY
It seems that the old location for Blue Mountain Engines/ Terence’s Driving School will see a new ride on it, which I’d guess will be a children’s tea cup ride. Not too sure who Lady Hatt is, so I’d guess she’s a fairly new character. There’s not really much else to say about it, but it’s good to see a new ride at the park - regardless of who it’s aimed for.
image.jpg
image.jpg
(Apologises for the bad photo quality)
image.jpg

THOMAS & FRIENDS 4-D BUBBLING BOILERS
It looks like Ice Age 4D may not open again at Drayton Manor, as it looks like we’ll have a Thomas & Friends replacement when the 4D Cinema reopens (I think it’s closed at the moment?). Again, not much can really be said about this, with little information for it apart from the ‘Bubbling Boilers’ bit in the title (maybe Thomas gets bubbles stuck in his engine or something?).
image.jpg
image.jpg

Assuming that these haven’t been cancelled (considering they’re Thomas rides, I doubt they will be) I think they will be good investments for their target market. The final pre-Looping Group attractions aren’t anything special, but I’m sure we can all agree that a new Thomas Land ride is better than having no new rides at all.

Nice spot, I wonder if these leaflets have only recently dropped as I would have thought it would have leaked by now. That definitely explains why work was going on in Thomas Land earlier in the year. An additional ride in Thomas Land would be good as it will help distribute the crowds a little more.

Given there doesn't appear to be any mention of the G-Force site, I assume there was never a plan to replace it this year.

Didn't we see some clearing in that exact space when i think it was Anth0ny captured some pictures for us? Either way, it'll probably be a ride from Zamperla or it'll be a ride from Garmendale! Nice to see something new in the cinema, I'm bored of Ice Age now

I notice on the park map online

That this new ride in Thomas land isn’t on there but the Thomas land 4D movie.

I wonder if this new ride was gonna be this?

But themed to fit Thomas Land.

I notice on the park map online

That this new ride in Thomas land isn’t on there but the Thomas land 4D movie.

I wonder if this new ride was gonna be this?

But themed to fit Thomas Land.
I can't seem to spot the proposed new Thomas Land ride on the map. Where is it? :D

I can't seem to spot the proposed new Thomas Land ride on the map. Where is it? :D

It was only on the promotion maps that get made up for service stations and other tourist attractions. They usually get printed around December/January time. They did start work on the area in February half term but the flood but a stop to that and then the government had lockdown after 2 weeks of there Thomas and friend’s weekends.
I think the 2 year agreement with Ice age ran out but cause of the lockdown they never got
Simworx Ltd as I guess there staff were on furlough also and I Don’t know how long it takes to program everything to go with the movie and the inside/outside still featured Ice age so they decided to use it for a staff changing and break area to maintain social distancing.

I asked about the new 4D movie and it all depends on the Government rules but hopefully it will be next year.
It’s listed on the big map in guest services.

Oh yeah! I just double checked and it now says Summer 2021. Maybe it changed since the announcement?
Maybe they don’t want any disappointments if the government say from the 21st June you still have to have social distancing measures in place. Also the outside of the attraction could be all ready but they still got to add theming inside the main building and Simworx’s staff maybe haven’t been the park yet to add the new movie and program the seats and special effects to the new Thomas movie.

Back