Lightwater Valley

Ciaran

Team Member
Team Member
Lightwater Valley is a theme park in North Yorkshire, home to Europe's longest rollercoaster, The Ultimate. In recent news, there has been suggestions that LWV may be struggling financially and have removed quite a few of their main thrill rides from their website, which may be a sign of their removal from the park. Do you think another theme park operator could purchase the park just like the Looping Group purchased Drayton Manor?

Livingstone Leisure Ltd own Lightwater Valley/Flambards and a couple of other uk attractions they replacing 1.3m tall attractions for family attractions.

I am not sure in the path that this park may be going in and i hope that it will not be closing as it is one of my closest parks in addition to flamingo land and i came to this park when i was younger as well and it would be a shame to see that it may be closing and it was a decent park and also isn't it owned by another company

I think the biggest problem is the Midlands in the 90’s really had 3 big parks American Adventure, Alton Towers and Drayton Manor.
American Adventure really started off big with its theming, Rides and shows. It was way ahead of Drayton Manor and Alton Towers but Drayton started to add more permanent rides and Alton Towers the SW coasters and they started to fall behind. Where Drayton were at least adding new rides every year American Adventure could only afford 2nd half attractions and by the early 2000’s Drayton was classed as a theme park now with Alton already added 3 SW coasters with attendances dropping year by year maintenance was cut down and they were forced to close 3 of them main attractions and they were forced to go down the cheap unthemed kids attractions and 3 years later they closed there doors for good.
With London and attractions nearby Merlin own them so they got no competition there so theses northern parks should be fine if they offer good value for money and as Shawn said in his YouTube video today that the park was busy with young families when he visited last season.

its a shame about the closure/ removal of raptor attack this was one of the first wardley rides i rode (at the time id never been to alton towers) its a great ride and hope that is just a rumour.

Back