Adventure Cove

William Bryan, managing director at Drayton Manor Park, said: “We are so excited to welcome visitors back to the park, and introduce them to Adventure Cove this summer!

“We’ve been busy behind the scenes while the park has been closed, and we’re really pleased with how the new area is looking already and can’t wait to see it finished.

"We are working closely with our local contractors and are hugely grateful to both them and the support of Looping Group for this new development.

“It’s especially exciting for us to the be able to launch the new Adventure Cove area, along with number of new rides and attractions for families and coaster fans alike. We look forward to welcoming guests back to enjoy a summer of fun and seafaring adventures at Drayton Manor Park.”

Really looking forward to seeing what they've done. This area has been such a dead space since G-Force closed and the rapids have been shut so I think this will really bring it back to life.

I'm hoping looping group will keep up the investment because it's sounding really positive what they've done so far and they've only owned the park for about 8 months.

I know Drayton had cashflow issues but it looks like more work has been done in the last 8 months than in the last 8 years.

I think since 2011 they really only focus on Thomas land and that stopped since 2017. I wonder if the fire didn’t happen then maybe the new ride would have opened up in Thomas land. Since Ben 10 coaster opened in 2011 the main park only had Air Race but they lost:
2012 Excalibur
2015 Pirate Adventure
2017 Splash Canyon, Storm force 10 SBNO
2018 Big Wheel, Chair lift
2019 G Force
2020 Dodgems
Storm force did reopen in 2018 but it’s downtime been bad over the past few years and Splash Canyon and the Dodgems reopen this year but we still lost 2 out of the top main rides at the park.
I hope they finish off Adventure Cove with the Carousel and train rethemed to join the area.
Then during the closed season they start work on making Pirate Cove bigger to include a port by the lake then the arcade and the Bounty join the Jolly Buccaneer also during the season they work on Pirate Adventure to bring it back in some form and maybe retheme the restaurant next door ready for the 2023 season with Excalibur getting a retheme indoor show building maybe.

I think since 2011 they really only focus on Thomas land and that stopped since 2017. I wonder if the fire didn’t happen then maybe the new ride would have opened up in Thomas land. Since Ben 10 coaster opened in 2011 the main park only had Air Race but they lost:
2012 Excalibur
2015 Pirate Adventure
2017 Splash Canyon, Storm force 10 SBNO
2018 Big Wheel, Chair lift
2019 G Force
2020 Dodgems
Storm force did reopen in 2018 but it’s downtime been bad over the past few years and Splash Canyon and the Dodgems reopen this year but we still lost 2 out of the top main rides at the park.
I hope they finish off Adventure Cove with the Carousel and train rethemed to join the area.
Then during the closed season they start work on making Pirate Cove bigger to include a port by the lake then the arcade and the Bounty join the Jolly Buccaneer also during the season they work on Pirate Adventure to bring it back in some form and maybe retheme the restaurant next door ready for the 2023 season with Excalibur getting a retheme indoor show building maybe.
I think now Looping own the park there is a real chance of something being done with the PA building in the not too distant future. Hopefully retaining the pirate theme as I think it’s something that’s always popular and generic.

I wonder what will go in theses areas?
B68BCE9A-1DCE-4DAB-89CA-94DC984A4F4B.jpeg
9C3BBAC6-0FEE-4C0C-B8E5-287978F62A6F.jpeg
710FF200-3F1F-4490-8F50-40A31D5E2AE0.jpeg

Is anyone going today?
We went yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by wave swinger. It’s actually quite a good ride and has a decent throughput (although the park was incredibly quiet for the summer holidays).

my son (7) really enjoyed the new play area and it had a good range of slides and activities.

I have to admit it’s a bit of mess around air race. I’m also hoping they fix the tarmac or block pave it all as you enter adventure cove as it’s very mismatched at the moment.

i like the fact they’ve really made an effort with the theming with real shells, boats scattered around and themed lamp posts.

hopefully they’ll get the rest of the area finished of soon.

Back