Giant Shark (Next to Guest Services) MIA

939BF363-A9E4-481F-B46F-9357E6AC90AE.jpeg

Took pictures on the 1st week but forgot to add them.
I know last season someone needed 1st Aid after they hurt themselves putting there head in its mouth so not sure if it had anything to with other people as well.

View attachment 2683
Took pictures on the 1st week but forgot to add them.
I know last season someone needed 1st Aid after they hurt themselves putting there head in its mouth so not sure if it had anything to with other people as well.
I just checked some of my videos from today and it's not there (I hadn't noticed) but I'm unsure as I know it was there over closed season ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gutted to see it was gone because we always like to get a photo with it, it became a bit of a tradition.

I’d just assumed they’d taken it down for maintenance/repaint or something, hope so anyway. It’s been there for years.

Is there a possibility it could be taken to be used as a prop on the River Rapids?

I wonder if they will hang it back in its original place or if they will use it for something else.
I think they will put it back in it's original place because there is nothing there currently. However they have used this spot for photo ops during events this year so I'm not really too sure.

I asked the retail team about buying the shark and they told me it’s currently getting restored.
Now that would have been quite the catch! (Pun intended)

I reckon we will see the shark return to the original spot it is a nice area for photo ops e.g the throne for the coronation but definitely has a shark shaped hole which hopefully will be filled for next season!

Now that would have been quite the catch! (Pun intended)

I reckon we will see the shark return to the original spot it is a nice area for photo ops e.g the throne for the coronation but definitely has a shark shaped hole which hopefully will be filled for next season!
They should be lots of new things next season! The shark coming back after being in maintenance and then there's Terence moving and exhibition etc. But not taking it off thread with the other things :)

the only area of the park that’s not been touched by the looping group.
Following on from this, the looping group have definitely been working on and upgrading existing areas before they add anything entirely new (excluding vikings). I think this is a good thing as even if a theme park has a great looking area (eg vikings) but also a not so good looking area (eg pirate cove) the worse looking area stands out and pulls down the wrest of the park and that good area with it.

Summer Nights did not use this area for a photo op - with a more permeant board setup past the stage overlooking the lake with the view of Stormforce and Adventure Cove behind it instead.

I doubt the Viking Festival will put anything here (with most of the entertainment and offerings staying by the stage and Vikings itself)

I wonder if the Halloween event will use this space (giant pumpkin photo op or something?)

I wonder if the Halloween event will use this space (giant pumpkin photo op or something?)
That would be nice. I hope they would have a pumpkin like the Christmas puddings at, well, Christmas, where you can go inside them and pop your head out.

Back