River Rapids

Here is all of the attraction’s restrictions
5A7DC299-1106-4FF7-88AB-939E70E9848C.jpeg
and the ride information
B8386CE0-829F-4152-ACD6-80DFFA7A983F.jpeg

I notice on the rapids ride page is up

Minimum height to ride: 1.2m
Maximum height to ride: 1.96m

Anyone under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible person aged 16 or over.
Guests MUST remain seated and hold onto the centre ring at all times.

Looks good. You can clearly see how they’ve reduced the channel width in that area. I wonder if the wave machine still works.

I remember boats would always get stuck on the round spinning things that were meant to guide the boat and you would end up with a traffic jam just there.

I've not been today, but the wave machine is not on unfortunately. Initial feedback seems to be positive though, especially in the tunnel section. I hope the waves come back one day, it leaves that section a bit bland without them.

I've not been today, but the wave machine is not on unfortunately. Initial feedback seems to be positive though, especially in the tunnel section. I hope the waves come back one day, it leaves that section a bit bland without them.
I won’t spoil it, but just wait and see what they’ve replaced the wave machine with.

Can't comment on the differences as I'd never been on the ride before but popped in to try the ride.

Clearly there were a number of folks eager to try it as the queue time was pretty big. There was a real buzz around the park today, I'm not going to say the park now looks loved - because it was before. But it has been really spoilt the last few months.

Little lad enjoyed the ride and beamed all the way round.

How long did you roughly queue

It was approaching an hour. This was from the metal barrier section outside the wooden bit.

why did you join it?
Because I wanted to go on it! If you mean when - I'd say I joined the queue about 3.20. The queue seemed to be of the same length when we left. I don't know what it was like the rest of the day - we just popped in at the end of the day. The park was busy - car parking was down past letter M and filled quite high and tight. The Car park by Entrance 2 seemed to have lots of cars too.

Is there staff all around the site?
Loads of staff. A couple at the entrance to the queue. Jugglers paid a couple of visits whilst we were queuing. Three or four on the loading area turntable. All harnessed up. There was at least a couple on a platform as you were going down the rapids and I think a couple of observers dotted at other spots too. Lots of cameras for monitoring as you went down as well. If I've misremembered anything I apologise but I was more concentrating on the ride

I've not been on previously so don't know whether the screens with the H&S info which were in the final section of the queue were there previously. If there was one issue it was here as the rides music overwhelmed the briefing instructions a little.

It was approaching an hour. This was from the metal barrier section outside the wooden bit.

Because I wanted to go on it! If you mean when - I'd say I joined the queue about 3.20. The queue seemed to be of the same length when we left. I don't know what it was like the rest of the day - we just popped in at the end of the day. The park was busy - car parking was down past letter M and filled quite high and tight. The Car park by Entrance 2 seemed to have lots of cars too.

Loads of staff. A couple at the entrance to the queue. Jugglers paid a couple of visits whilst we were queuing. Three or four on the loading area turntable. All harnessed up. There was at least a couple on a platform as you were going down the rapids and I think a couple of observers dotted at other spots too. Lots of cameras for monitoring as you went down as well. If I've misremembered anything I apologise but I was more concentrating on the ride

I've not been on previously so don't know whether the screens with the H&S info which were in the final section of the queue were there previously. If there was one issue it was here as the rides music overwhelmed the briefing instructions a little.
Was there subtitles on the briefing did you notice or was the music just making it so you cant hear it at all and also the ride seems popular already and people will be happy it is open

Was there subtitles on the briefing did you notice or was the music just making it so you cant hear it at all

Do you know...I can't remember. There could well have been. It sounds like I'm being critical or picky (And I'm not) but it may just be better if one of the speakers by the display screens is dimmed a bit. The words interfere with the music, and the music interferes is just loud enough to mean that you can't easily hear the words.

These kind of things will be ironed out I'm sure.

Managed to get on the rapids today. It’s still pretty good. A few surprises along the way as well as a lot of safety warnings.

Queue was moving quickly and we got to the front in about 20 mins. Then it broke down for half an hour. We got on the ride and as we were getting off it broke down again and was closed until
We left at about 2:30.

found it interesting that they have a maximum of 6 people on a 9 person boat though.

Reactions: Dan
found it interesting that they have a maximum of 6 people on a 9 person boat though.

I'm guessing if there were any more allowed it'd make egress really awkward.

Was there subtitles on the briefing did you notice or was the music just making it so you cant hear it at all and also the ride seems popular already and people will be happy it is open

Reviewed again today, yes, they are and they are blatant. It's a 2:12 second repeating video that is probably designed to be viewed without the need for sound.

I'm guessing if there were any more allowed it'd make egress really awkward.

Reviewed again today, yes, they are and they are blatant. It's a 2:12 second repeating video that is probably designed to be viewed without the need for sound.
That’s kind of what I was thinking. I found when it was open the queue moved quickly which makes sense as the boats are constantly circulating.

I did notice the max 6 signs are just laminated and stapled to the wall so I guess there was a plan to fill them originally.

Do you think the downtime the ride gets is when the staff round the circuit change over. As during that announcement a member of staff replaced the member at the bottom of the ramp.

Managed to get on the Rapids 3 times last Thursday, park was really busy but throughput on the rapids was really good. Only queued for about 10 minutes each time.

We also managed to get a boat to ourselves the one time round so we purchased a ride photo. I'm really impressed with the camera and printing quality from this ride, it's far far better than some of the other on ride photos around the park.

Managed to get on the Rapids 3 times last Thursday, park was really busy but throughput on the rapids was really good. Only queued for about 10 minutes each time.

We also managed to get a boat to ourselves the one time round so we purchased a ride photo. I'm really impressed with the camera and printing quality from this ride, it's far far better than some of the other on ride photos around the park.
Still yet to ride... haven't been to the park since opening day despite having an annual pass! Was thinking of going by myself for a couple hours today but haven't decided yet.

I assume they will have purchased a new camera for River Rapids. I do wonder however if they have maybe moved the camera that was supposed to be on Buffalo to this ride?

Back