River Rapids

Well it’s been open for the past 2 days so that much be the reason it was closed. Maybe they were repairing effects. Hope to go on it again at the fireworks event but can see the queue line closing at 4pm

Reactions: Dan
Has anyone ridden it in the last few days? We managed to ride it 3 times in a row without getting off on Saturday (no queue), but it seemed faster and definitely got wetter.

I wonder what’s been up with the attraction the past 2 days
6D6FB0C8-0FE2-49B5-8494-4F20B6D943E4.jpeg

this and polperro have been shut the past 2 days as the track for polperro is being used as a firing site and access, and as the fireworks crew could access the rapids trough from polperro's track, it has to be shut due to H&S, shock could still operate as it is fully elevated from the rapids.

The fireworks were also let off by Stormforce 10 again and that didn’t close to it brokedown roughly 4ish. Stormforce 10 is still closed today. I wonder if we see more work done over the closed season.

New Experience today, when on the rapids there was an announcement that there was a malfunction. 6 boats were ahead of us but unable to go u the travelator.

Two more joined us afterwards making 9 in total. Wasn't held up for long. But it did allow for the below photo to be taken as everyone eventually got sucked up to the top.

1680639923108.jpeg

Couple of words on the rapids after todays trip.

The ride didn't open until 12. So a bit of queue started to form ahead of this. We approached the queue line about quarter to 12 and there were a couple of dozen folks in front. We decided to join the queue.

It was a day with lots of school trips. We were there because the little lads school was effected by strike action and I think there were a lot more like this.

Anyway, on a couple of rides previously we had suffered the impact of queue jumpers. So when 3 little cherubs moved into the queue line after checking on the height board I did ask if they fancied taking their place at the back. Some sheepish looks but was ignored.

When they came and opened the gates I enquired of the staff member who was dealing with the signage if they would take any action if it was reported. She nodded eagerly and asked for a description.

Nothing more was said but when the 3 miscreants reached the front of the queue there was a discussion and then they were directed straight to the ride exit. Fair play.

Anyway on with the ride... it was good to see the spluttering geysers back in action. Shame there was no dry ice / smoke in the shed area, don't know if it would build up later in the day.

The rides back open today after being closed for maintenance
Does anyone know what maintenance could've been done to it? Probably not paint, TLC or anything to do with the boats as it opened in 2021 so it's not that old. My guess would be the ride system if that didn't have a overhaul during construction of Adventure Cove. If it did, I have absolutely no clue what it could be. Hopefully it's some new water effects so you actually get wet!

Does anyone know what maintenance could've been done to it? Probably not paint, TLC or anything to do with the boats as it opened in 2021 so it's not that old. My guess would be the ride system if that didn't have a overhaul during construction of Adventure Cove. If it did, I have absolutely no clue what it could be. Hopefully it's some new water effects so you actually get wet!
I think it was just general system maintenance

Back