River Rapids

Still yet to ride... haven't been to the park since opening day despite having an annual pass! Was thinking of going by myself for a couple hours today but haven't decided yet.

I assume they will have purchased a new camera for River Rapids. I do wonder however if they have maybe moved the camera that was supposed to be on Buffalo to this ride?
Looks like a different camera to the one that was mounted on the buffalo last year.

It's moved too, whereas it used to be on the last bend, it's now just after the first so you get your photo pretty early on in the ride.

Definitely worth a visit if you can go, they've done a really good job of updating the ride.

Looks like a different camera to the one that was mounted on the buffalo last year.

It's moved too, whereas it used to be on the last bend, it's now just after the first so you get your photo pretty early on in the ride.

Definitely worth a visit if you can go, they've done a really good job of updating the ride.
Going to go tomorrow. I'm really excited to check out the Rapids and Wave Swinger, seems like they have done a fab job.

Going to go tomorrow. I'm really excited to check out the Rapids and Wave Swinger, seems like they have done a fab job.
Yeah I'm really impressed with what they've done, just the smaller touches like plants and shells instead of gravel, and actually theming lamp posts makes it feel a lot more complete.

I was a bit sceptical of wave swinger, but actually after riding it, it's pretty good and has a really good capacity to the queue moves quickly.

Had the chance to ride the Rapids today, and what can I say except wow. The park have done a fantastic job in my opinion.

F1CC01F2-1708-4A61-98FF-6F8B5CAF1005.jpeg

One thing I noticed is the amount of graffiti which is on the queue line walls already. The ride has been open less than a month and it’s already being vandalised.

584E5DDC-565D-43D2-809A-77A31279875A.jpeg

Had the chance to ride the Rapids today, and what can I say except wow. The park have done a fantastic job in my opinion.

View attachment 3104

One thing I noticed is the amount of graffiti which is on the queue line walls already. The ride has been open less than a month and it’s already being vandalised.

View attachment 3105
That’s a lot more graffiti that’s appeared since last Thursday. There was a bit on that fence but nothing like that.

I really wish they would crack down on idiots who vandalise things. It’s mindless and they should be kicked out and banned IMO.

Is that what the girl fell into?
No. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure she fell off when her boat hit the trough at the end of the ride. This part here:

rapids.png

She then swam and tried to climb the lift before falling due to it being slippy and falling into the deepest section of the ride. As I said, I'm not 100% sure if this is what happened, but it's what I remember seeing on the news articles.

View attachment 3104

View attachment 3105
Disgusting. Why people do this is beyond me.

I really hope the park stay on top of the effects and paintwork for this ride, if they keep them running and looking good, there will never be the need for major repaints and overhauls. I'd hate to see the park operate like other Theme Parks where they put their all into one area and neglect other areas.

No. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure she fell off when her boat hit the trough at the end of the ride. This part here:

View attachment 3107

She then swam and tried to climb the lift before falling due to it being slippy and falling into the deepest section of the ride. As I said, I'm not 100% sure if this is what happened, but it's what I remember seeing on the news articles.
I knew she fell out before hand and she was fine to she decided to climb the wet lift hill and thought as them pumps go quite deep I thought that’s where she fallen in and now there’s walk ways and bridges built by the pump areas.
Can’t understand why anyone needs to think they got to put there name into a piece of wood and I bet now they took a picture of there work and added to social media sites. There the type of people who go once everytime Drayton open a major attraction.

Don't know if it was just me, but the speed of the rapids seems to have been upped a notch. On my visit today it seemed to be less like a sedate cruise and we seemed to be speeding along through the tunnel

I think it’s a cost saving for it been closed as it’s really only gonna be parents with kids who’s under 1.2m tall really in the park and as the rapids need so many staff now it was cheaper not opening it today

I think it’s a cost saving for it been closed as it’s really only gonna be parents with kids who’s under 1.2m tall really in the park and as the rapids need so many staff now it was cheaper not opening it today
I suspect your right, there are a lot of staff to operate river rapids. Was SF10 down too? I know that tends to close on the quieter or colder days as it's not as popular.

Back