Pirate Cove

I've always loved this area of the park, but in recent years it seems to be lacking in the TLC department, with the shark now removed (but hopefully restored soon from what I read on its thread) Jolly Buccaneers sign very worn out now, pirate adventures facade overgrown with ivy, Bounty masts removed, and the Burger Kitchen really looking put of place. Wish they kept the old ship that crashed into the building. Hopefully in the near future this area will get the TLC it deserves. I'd hate to see it go or completely rethemed, who doesn't love a wacky pirate theme?
I think it will stay at the park and hopefully get the TLC it deserves. A pirate theme is so easy to do, lots of rides are designed to be in pirate areas such as a Swinging Ship and more. It is a bit generic but with the themes that the park are going for (mainly vikings - also generic) it would definitely work. Also, there can be pirate rides for younger children (eg sleipnir) and older children (eg thor) whilst still fitting into the area.

The looping group may move away from the pirate theme as with all the other themes around the park they moved away from the former owners of park.
The Bounty was never in pirate cove and was in an area called fisherman’s wharf which also included the arcade, Maelstrom, Storm force 10 and the carousel.

The former owners re-themed the Dodgems in 2017 and added the new walls around the Jolly Buccaneer and the outside of the restaurant in 2019/20

Back