Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Will be staycating in the north west and was looking for activities with the little lad.
We have been spoilt having DMP close by so have been able to take advantage of attending when queues are going to be very short. This has however rather given us an erroneous impression of what theme park conditions can be like - especially during the summer holidays at the seaside when foreign travel is off the menu for so many who would normally choose it!!

So on looking on the website there are not one but two "speedy pass" options. Having not been to BPB for longer than I can remember is there anyone who can advise as to whether these are widely used and what is the impact on those that don't have them? The cost is a lot, and it does stick in the craw somewhat and there is the impact on other patrons, but it is a one off. But I don't want to pay for something which isn't required.

Any insights with those of practical experience would be great.

We went Late Night Riding a few weeks back and we’re fine without the Speedy Pass, I suppose it just depends how busy it is. As Andy out though, it appears recently from others that on busy days they are overselling the speedy pass, meaning trains are half full with normal and speedy queue, obviously increasing wait times

Has anyone heard the rumour Merlin may take over Pleasure Beach alongside The Sandcastle waterpark? They are probably trying to develop an area like the London attractions up north; they have Madame Tussaud’s , Peter Rabbit Adventure, The Blackpool Tower… they could make a whole Merlin owned area….

Has anyone heard the rumour Merlin may take over Pleasure Beach alongside The Sandcastle waterpark? They are probably trying to develop an area like the London attractions up north; they have Madame Tussaud’s , Peter Rabbit Adventure, The Blackpool Tower… they could make a whole Merlin owned area….
Interesting, where have you heard that rumour?

Thats not something I have heard... However that would be an interesting move (would probably be for the better of the park potentially)
I thought they technically took on Sandcastle already ? (Or is that one still in talks?)

I’ve seen it on the Merlin Pass Facebook Page where people have been enquiring at the other Blackpool Attractions, I’m not sure if Sandcastle is confirmed or not yet, I’ll follow that up. The problem is the hygiene in the park I went and it was grimy and dirty: needs a full on revamp if you ask me. I personally think it would have a good impact on the park and also would get Merlin more sales as the attractions up north are lacking. I guess that’s their top priority; money…

IMG_5707.jpeg

So this is… interesting… Blackpool have changed both their logo and name. Logo looks very weird to me. Not sure why it just does. Maybe the colours?

Should this thread have a rebrand to match? May confuse people as great Yarmouth has always been known as pleasure beach. Backwards step. Wonder if there is any truth in the merlin rumours

Back