5 Year Investment Plan

MakoMania

The acquisition of Drayton Manor by Looping Group has undoubtedly changed the outlook for future investment at the park as we have seen very early on in their ownership tenure with Adventure Cove. With this in mind, I created a 5 year investment plan for the park with a budget of between £4-£6m per year.

2021:
Wave Swinger
Adventure Cove River Rapids
Tidal Towers Play Area
[Apocalypse closes]
[Pandemonium closes]

2022:
New Themed Zone on unused land adjacent to Buffalo Coaster:
-Zamperla Disk’O
-Zamperla Vertical Swing
-Zamperla Midi Tea Cup
-Buffalo Refurb/Retheme to new area

2023:
-S&S 4D Freespin Coaster on old Apocalypse/Pandemonium site

2024:
-Custom Zierer Force Coaster in Pirate Adventure building.

2025:
-Upgrades/Overhaul of the Zoo

What does everyone think? Could something along these lines happen or am I being overly optimistic?

I'm still not happy at apocalypse potentially leaving the park. I like the idea of the 2022 ideas but I'm still uncertain bout this S&S 4D free spin coaster. But if it does come it'll be the same year as Chessingtons potential new wing coaster?!

I like your ideas. There are a few things I'd change though.

An S&S 4D Freespin Coaster sounds good, but I'd personally prefer something like a Vekoma Family Invert or a Vekoma Launched Booster Bike etc. I feel this would suit the park much more as it's thrilling but a bit more family oriented too.

As for a Custom Zierer Force Coaster in the Pirate Adventure building, this sounds good but I would 100% rather have a boat ride back in there. I think this would be the icing on the cake for me. I'm a huge fan of what Looping has done this year with Adventure Cove and the refurb of Splash Canyon. They've done a fabulous job, and if they could do this for Pirate Adventure too, well that would be awesome.

I like the ideas, I think a program of continuous improvement/maintenance would be good too. Something like TLC at Alton Towers, so they're keeping paint fresh and areas maintained which I feel has always been something lacking, in UK parks in general, not just Drayton.

I’m a little unsure on Looping’s willingness to invest into the zoo at Drayton with West Midland Safari Park being so close. They may see it as cannibalising business.

Reactions: Dan
Think they both offer different brands. The big Difference is Drayton now focus on the theme park and the Zoo there for guests to take a breather after Dinner/lunch before going back on the rides but the safari at WMSP is there main point of visiting with them adding new theming and animals to the drive thou every year. They also improving the walk round area of there animal areas with the amusement park just getting TLC and rides re-themed. I maybe wrong but the last ride added was Kong and that was under the former owners.

I have seen land clearing in the former Dinosaur land area so they could be clearing the indoor stuff as I know they got plans to turn it into a aquarium. They also want the reptile house to be move interactive.

2022 New flat ride to replace Pandemonium.
New flat for Apocalypse

2023 Pirate Cove opens to Include Bounty and the Arcade with hopefully a new attraction in the pirate adventure building.
Buffalo removed

2024 New coaster to replace Buffalo

2025 Thomas land expansion

I've put this on another forum, but just for fun, based on the rumour of the park striking a 3-ride deal with Zamperla;

Just for fun, and if true, what 3 rides would you pick/do you think would work in the 3-ride Zamperla package?

I'd replace Pandemonium with a Nebulaz or a Blendez.
I'd say one ride would be guaranteed for Thomas Land, so I'd pick the Happy Swing (anything that doesn't just go round and round like 99% of the rides in TL)
Finally, in the space cleared by the Buffalo I'd put a Double Heart Coaster in which would look good against the lake.

Reactions: Dan
From the recent job description;

Drayton Manor Resort enters its second year of its five-year strategic plan it sees many new and exciting Rides and themed areas being phased in. This NEW role will support the Director of Safety & Operations and is a fantastic opportunity to be fully immersed in our new developments, to see effective delivery of, and successful outputs of a wide variety of projects ranging from small refurbishments up to large multi-million-pound developments.

Vertigo nearly gone

Attachments

• 18BCC26C-DD9D-49F5-A1FD-A2BC8CE1B61B.jpeg
    18BCC26C-DD9D-49F5-A1FD-A2BC8CE1B61B.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 206
Back