HB Leisure Radio Controlled Boats by Bounty

Harry

I noticed the last time I was at Drayton in September, not just that all the boats were removed, the Stormforce 10 floaty was removed as well only leaving the ride in the water to show them from flowing away. When I worked on Bounty back in the day I used to see business men, who ever they were look around that area so does this mean a future attraction or replacement?

Reactions: Dan
DSC_0332-min.JPG

When we were there over Christmas the change machine had been removed and the wheels themselves were covered so the future doesn’t look too good for them.

I don't think they'll be returning in their current form given the extent of the removal. I do wonder why they have been removed though, maybe for a newer version? Or maybe they just weren't economically viable?

It was a nice little touch being in the lake, however, and I always saw guests enjoying them. Do you think they will be replaced?

Think it was down to lack of use as not many parents are gonna give there kids a £1 for a 3 min remote control ride. My daughter used her own money to have a go on test track and that was pointless when the driving school is free and lasts longer.

Think it was down to lack of use as not many parents are gonna give there kids a £1 for a 3 min remote control ride. My daughter used her own money to have a go on test track and that was pointless when the driving school is free and lasts longer.
They’ve been broken for a long time. The actual boats were removed a couple of seasons ago so it was just the floating scenary left.

Even during peak season I hardly saw anyone using test track. It still annoys me that they removed a ride and replaced it with a pay to play.

Very good point Themeparksandy1981 - I never knew they were broken remlap, shows how much I use them!

Test Track is a pure waste of space in my opinion, I see why they sold off the Ferris Wheel, it didn't work for the park any more and was a good opportunity to make some money, but I'd rather they didn't waste it on this and saved to either pay off debts or on further investments. Is it HB Leisure that fund this or was it the park? Also - I don't see the point with Terrence's Driving School being only a short distance away.

Boats still in place in June 2016, the rest are parked at the back of the ring behind the sign. The purple can be seen at the front underneath the sign, excuse the quality.

This confirms that they must've been removed in either 2017 or 2018.

The boats have been removed from the lake and the theming has been placed around Stormforce 10, a nice addition even as models. Signage and wheel still remain, leaving the future of this attraction uncertain. The containment ring has since been removed from previous photos. Some photos from 20/02/19:

It appears work is being done in the area where the HB Leisure Pirate Ships are! Taken on 27/03/19

Following on from the above post, on 03/04/19 the boats have been added and these are now working on the new HB Leisure Boat area.

Again, an update on the boats. The park have added signage at the back of the new container which looks very nice and is better than having signage next to the wheels themselves. Also very nice to see the park have thought to add coins and jems onto the lighthouse platform. Photo below taken on 23/05.

Back