Magical Christmas

Was a bit gutted you don’t have the hot chocolate and mince pie in there. You get a token and you got 4 places to redeem it so may have a sausage roll with it.
I enjoyed the Christmas Wish show but felt it lacked something from 2019 with less attractions available, No skating rink and no parade like before it had a show on the stage by the train station then you walk down to the other stage by the tea shop and another show storm and then the fireworks. It lasted 30 mins the show with 5 mins of fireworks last night it was a 5 min singalong with 5 mins of fireworks.

533FCA74-C702-4A33-B184-264623776F50.jpeg

Really was a magical white Christmas at the park today!

Looks awesome, did the snow affect any ride availability?

Accelerator was off all day (I think too cold?) but everything else was fine up until about half 4, when quite a few had gone home. Even then a majority of things were running but Winston had too much snow on the track and thinks like Diesel were full of snow. I think they’d have continued if they were constantly in use, but as it went quiet the snow just build up when not in use etc.

My kids absolutely loved it all day in the snow though, so no complaints!

I should be going next on the 10th or 11th Dec with the Santa experience booked for the 21st Dec. With me finishing work on the 23rd to 4th Jan I may go the week after when the misses is at work. It must be more low key as Santa wont be there so I doubt the Christmas show will be on.

We're back on the 18th and then in-between Christmas and New Year when I believe it's just the rides and zoo opening.

accelerator has been on the offering ever since it was added in the park in 2011 i think and wave swinger wont be on because of possibly the area it is in and the maintenance it will need over the winter season it could need an extended period of maintenance over the winter/closed season

The Wave winger wouldn’t be added as the Christmas event only offers attractions for families up to 1m tall as that is 1m but only so many double seats available.
I’m surprised the shoot out isn’t open.

The Wave winger wouldn’t be added as the Christmas event only offers attractions for families up to 1m tall as that is 1m but only so many double seats available.
I’m surprised the shoot out isn’t open.
wasn't sheriffs having a bit of maintenance in Shaun's most recent wasn't it?

Reading trip advisor comments and on Facebook the Christmas event has gone down a treat at Drayton Manor. Hopefully the Ice rink and more family attractions will be added for the 2022 season.

Reactions: Dan
Back