Drayton Queen

Harry

Resting between Polperro Express and Splash Canyon. Drayton Queen hasn't operated in 2016 and currently there are no plans for it to be repaired/refurbished.

DSC_0803 [2].jpg

When I was last on park in 2015, I queued up for it but it broke down or something so I never got to ride it, shame really considering it’s farily unique. Drayton should have at least one boat on the lake. It just seems too unused for how good it is!

Reactions: Dan
Was there any audio on this ride, or was it purely the boat ride? Either way I loved the usage it gave the lake, something like that in a new attraction perhaps in Excalibur's place could be great!

I wonder if the park ever considered replacing / refurbishing this attraction.

Was there any audio on this ride, or was it purely the boat ride? Either way I loved the usage it gave the lake, something like that in a new attraction perhaps in Excalibur's place could be great!

I wonder if the park ever considered replacing / refurbishing this attraction.
No audio on Drayton Queen apart from the noise of the engine and the op on the microphone.. Excalibur had some built in speakers that told you to remain seated more times that talking about the storyline.

Reactions: Dan
No audio on Drayton Queen apart from the noise of the engine and the op on the microphone.. Excalibur had some built in speakers that told you to remain seated more times that talking about the storyline.
Ah okay, a nice sound track, perhaps with some form of narration, would've been nice for the ride, and hopefully more reliable than those Excalibur ones you mention! I do remember hearing that seating notification for pretty much the entire ride once.

i think it is still on site, i know it was there at feb half term so it hasn't been gone long. i wonder if this will ever return?

It's been moved ready to go to the chop shop from what I know. Whether it's still on site now is a mystery.

26/03/19

DSC_0958.JPG

I think it’s a shame that the rides Colins parents had when the park 1st opened have now all gone now. Drayton really not been the same since Thomas land opened as the rest of the park really has suffered.

i last rode this on the final day of operation with my sister the pair of us loved it and when we came back the next weekend to ride it again and we found out that the boat had been removed from operation it kinda spoiled our visit for the weekend.
Does anyone know if the boat is still on site as of this year and this month(march 2020) ?
if so i hope drayton plan to put the boat back in the water where it belongs.

Back