Drayton Queen

who knows the last time i was there and it waas running it had crowds of visitors waiting to ride
I do think Drayton need more rides like this, it’s the sort of thing that is rapidly disappearing from parka and it’s a shame. They’re good family rides too when you’ve had enough of being spun round.

Reactions: Dan
i think the main reason for it going may have been the fact that the member of staff with the insurance and license to drive the boat left/retired or maybe the boat was just too costly to maintain

The cover started to come of the boat
A11EE8EF-4AB9-4E53-984B-3BC287B6E088.jpeg

The cover started to come of the boat
View attachment 5286
Thats a surprise to see. I didn't know this was still on the park.
It was always nice to see on the park but I don't think it would really appeal as much nowerdays unfortunately :(

However, personally, I would like to see it back out. Was a nice relaxing attraction and one of the perfect after lunch sit down options.

I don't think it will return though :(

Thats a surprise to see. I didn't know this was still on the park.
It was always nice to see on the park but I don't think it would really appeal as much nowerdays unfortunately :(

However, personally, I would like to see it back out. Was a nice relaxing attraction and one of the perfect after lunch sit down options.

Even as a display peace would be good

mThats a surprise to see. I didn't know this was still on the park.

Times have definitely changed and I agree that the ride would probably not be that popular today unfortunately. I imagine most of the people on it would just be doing so due to nostalgia and old memories as a pose to actually enjoying the ride.

Times have definitely changed and I agree that the ride would probably not be that popular today unfortunately. I imagine most of the people on it would just be doing so due to nostalgia and old memories as a pose to actually enjoying the ride.
Unfortunately I believe that would be the case :(

Boats like this and swan boats / other pedal boats don't seem as popular anymore.

I feel like there's probably also some sort of licence/ environmental related thing to consider too (but not sure, I like to stay on dry land haha)

Back